INITIATIONS, was you initiated at work?

zakes

Davy's - Fargate 1969 Food, Provisions etc

I was initiated twice at Davy's, the first by 3 birds and then a cuppla days later by the blokes. On my second day I was told I had to go in the lift to the third floor with 3 lasses (at Davy's we had 3 lifts) to 'fetch some stuff' (steady lad). When we arrived at the top floor which in this part was disused and padlocked these 3 broads had my trousers down in seconds followed by my non-designer Y-fronts and proceeded to well and truly apple crumble my 'hows your fathers'. At the time I was 15 and thought I was Jack The Lad, but these birds had succeeded in embarrassing me. Dirty Minx's!

The next day I was in the catacombs behind the shop boning sides of pork (not birds) when suddenly 5 blokes appeared out of nowhere grabbed me and held me with my arms fully stretched left and right then fed a long strong pole into the cuff of my white smock along the arm across my shoulders and through to the other arm, they then hung me up on a steel rail next to several sides of pork with my feet about 3 feet off the floor. I was left there for a good half hour looking like a latter day Jesus. I can't remember if it was Easter or not. They all had a good laugh. Rotten gits! Over to you folks.

Davy's - Fargate 1969 Food, Provisions etc

I was initiated twice at Davy's, the first by 3 birds and then a cuppla days later by the blokes. On my second day I was told I had to go in the lift to the third floor with 3 lasses (at Davy's we had 3 lifts) to 'fetch some stuff' (steady lad). When we arrived at the top floor which in this part was disused and padlocked these 3 broads had my trousers down in seconds followed by my non-designer Y-fronts and proceeded to well and truly apple crumble my 'hows your fathers'. At the time I was 15 and thought I was Jack The Lad, but these birds had succeeded in embarrassing me. Dirty Minx's!

Bloody hell, I hope they washed their hands before serving customers with their thick sliced loaves!

I am not sure whether I was initiated or not, I certainly felt used and abused some days, but looking back that was part and parcel of the non politically correct world of the 1970's which I am currently encorporating into my book.

Yes 1951 new messenger boys at the star sub editors were sent all over the building on wild goose chasers and then received a telling off from chief sub for wasting time and he was the worst culprit his favorite one was a piece of printers pie from the canteen the problem being the canteen ladies were in on the joke

the next initiation i came across was at tuffnells when it was in mary st

you reported to the foreman on your first day who would tell you to ask for a driver on the loading dock by christrian name of course no one new anyone by that name, you found your way back to the foreman who told you off for wasting time gave you the surname of the driver you were to work with you then went in search and of course was directed to the said driver were you could most likley get a thick ear for being late ,the outcome of this was that in the garage area all drivers were respected by the van boys and you had to call all drivers mr. on the opp side of mary street was a low wall on the side of the river and many a lad was put in there as a punishment for some wrong doing, cheaking a driver ,not doping what you were told ,but ther were good times a lot of lads were taught to drive and i might say properly thanKs to H,J,TUFFNELL befor being called up for nation service

Always very polite and a true gent when talking to the lady's ,it must have stood me in good stead ,after my army days i got a job deliver smocks roll towels etc to many plants i later found out I was the only one to escape unmolested from Sm**** crisps (a well greased willie) and all them rough Hosery girls in other plants I later became a factory manager,remembered to treat the roughest like a lady and they became a lady