Secular congregational songs for civil ceremony?

Hi All,

I am planning our wedding for summer 2012, so possibly getting a bit ahead of myself!!

The best bit of a church service for me is the congregational singing, however we are definitely going to have a civil ceremony. What I would really like to do is have at least one song that is sung as a congregation, but am struggling to come up with ideas of things that are easy enouh to sing and familiar enough. So far all I have is 'All You Need is Love' by the Beatles.

Any good ideas out there?

Cheers!!

• 3 weeks later...

We're hoping to have congregational songs too, though we haven't yet checked with the registrar whether they allow it or not.

So far we've also had All You Need is Love suggested, as well as of Top of the World, and a chorus of You are my Sunshine. Tricky to find something fun and not too cheesy :)

• 2 weeks later...
We're hoping to have congregational songs too, though we haven't yet checked with the registrar whether they allow it or not.

So far we've also had All You Need is Love suggested, as well as of Top of the World, and a chorus of You are my Sunshine. Tricky to find something fun and not too cheesy :)

OO sorry, did n't see your reply! you are my sunshine could be good!

Bojolo - we're not at the registry office so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi, you may want to take into account the type of congregation who will be attending as to the voice range.. nothing worse that a hymn which is too high for people to reach the high notes..I know as I have experiance with congregational hymns.. go for something thats in everyones range! Good Luck..

Should you require a Co-ordinator for the day to make sure your day runs smoothly & to time..taking out the stress for you then give me a shout.. I am a Co-ordinator not a planner!

roseysomerset@btinternet.comor PM me!

My girlfriends mum walked up the isle to:-

"There may be trouble ahead..." Frank Sinartra - Lets face the Music and Dance

and a friend a couple of days ago:-

"No where to run to baby,

No where to hide..." Martha and the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run

Archived