Great Britain is 'worst place to live in Europe'

TTman

I personally love this Country and think there are a lot worse places to live. We welcome people from all over the world with little or NO quarms.

We try to give enterprise, bankers gambling our money away, people just coming here to scrounge and live off taxpayers etc, etc etc

But this really has got me going

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100922/tuk-great-britain-is-worst-place-to-live-dba1618.html

Please discuss and tell me if I am wrong, over this article any way!!!

You're wrong. Sorry to have to say it but compared with many other countries in Western Europe, this one is not that good anymore. :(

I like it personally, but not as much as I did, and I don't have any illusions about the poor quality of life and low standard of living here these days.

Thats very true.

Although many surveys certainly don 't tell the whole story, this latest one adds something to what many of us have been saying on the S.F. for a long time ----- i.e. that the U.K. is slithering in slime down the pan------and has been for the past 30 years or so. At least it shows that our perceptions of a declining society are not complete moonshine !

When one thinks of the great opportunities we have slung out of the window and look round at the various horrors and sleaze and violence in the U.K., it must have taken some kind of a genius to get it so wrong. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ? Dunno ! But, if there is, it 's going to take a hell of a long, long time to rebuild a decent society again.

my work for the last forty years as taken me overseas .S.E. Asia ,oz,n.z,europe and canada for long periods and from my experiance every time Ive come back to the uk the standed of living as gone slowly downhill,where as in some of the asian countrys the devolopement is just the reverse,I'am due back in sheffield just before christmas and to tell you the truth ,sad to say I'm dreading it.

my work for the last forty years as taken me overseas .S.E. Asia ,oz,n.z,europe and canada for long periods and from my experiance every time Ive come back to the uk the standed of living as gone slowly downhill,where as in some of the asian countrys the devolopement is just the reverse,I'am due back in sheffield just before christmas and to tell you the truth ,sad to say I'm dreading it.
Oh, it's not THAT bad! It's just not what it was, but it's the price we've paid for 'progress'.

There are so many reasons for the 'slide' that unpicking it all and getting us back on track will take a lot of painstaking work. I'm not sure that anyone is either up to the job or prepared to do it.

I blame Labour. :D

Archived