Great Britain is 'worst place to live in Europe'

TTman

I think too much cocentration and cash is being spent trying to sort out other countries problems(if you can call it that) when things could be made better here.

People like to feel at home,even on a holiday of luxury,most(maybe not) after a while would wish at some point to return to the grim realities of Great Britain.

Maybe a case of "better the devil you know".

Apparently sheffield has the worst anti-social behaviour in britain ? i think i heard that on radio this morning.Believable judging by the amount of scumbags around,had some mouthy little tw###s looking in our cars last night.

The thing that clearly is worse now than 30 years ago is that we as workers receive much less as a proportion of corporate profits today than we did in the past.

In the UK, the value of wages has declined from nearly 65% of GDP in the mid-1970s to 55% today. Over the same period, the rate of corporate profit has increased from 13% to 21%.

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/campaigns/campaign-resources/there-is-an-alternative-the-case-against-cuts-in-public-services.cfm#The_government_s_cuts_strategy___and_why_it_s_wrong

The reason for that is quite clear, it is the rise of right-wing monetarist thinking and the shift of power away from workers started by Thatcher, continued under New Labour and accelerating under the current regime.

One day I was sat outside the cathedral (waiting for the tram) and a couple of old ladies shuffled (literally) past with their shopping trollies complaining about how they couldn't afford to buy anything nice to eat anymore, and I thought "Is that what I've got to look forward to ?", and at that point I decided I was going to leave rather than waste anymore of my life here, I'm sure things will only get worse.

I have a perfectly good standard of living and don't really have anything to complain about at all. Don't really see where the majority of the doom and gloom comes from, I see a lot of people complaining but not many people actually in dire straights caused by 'this country' :confused:

I was over in France and Germany very recently and on the whole it seemed pretty much the same as here, not like some golden land of wonder or anything.

Other countries don't have the binge drinking culture that we have and are more family orientated than we are. We have poor diets and lifestyles compared with other countries in Europe. I have been to other countries and the thing that strikes me is how much happier the children seem compared to british children. The children in other countries seem more healthy and more confident and are able to speak more than one language from a very early age.

Other countries don't have the binge drinking culture that we have and are more family orientated than we are. We have poor diets and lifestyles compared with other countries in Europe. I have been to other countries and the thing that strikes me is how much happier the children seem compared to british children. The children in other countries seem more healthy and more confident and are able to speak more than one language from a very early age.

Yes but things like the way children are raised and your own diet is down to the individual. If a person eats rubbish it's their problem, not the countries problem. Even if they emigrated they'd probably still eat rubbish.

I think miserable moaners will be miserable moaners no matter what country they're in. So much of you life is what YOU make of it, but a lot of people find it easier to sit back and blame 'Britain'.

Archived