Great Britain is 'worst place to live in Europe'

TTman

Well thanks for all of that..All I wanted was one person to help me hang the Journo who wrote this article.

We as a country forgive, empower and give help to more people than the rest of the world. A quote from the UN Thursday.

I know we get EE's, somalis and the like come here ignore our laws and generally treat the "old tommy" crap. I love this country and it just winds me Press Association wallers build up and then slam things just to get a better bonus on their measly £40K.

Enough said!

It's always the same types of people who say the country is going to the dogs.

The old who are part of the baby boom generation, the very same ones who it is said have had it better than any other citizens in the history of Britain and are now wishing for "the good old days".

There's those that don't even live here any more yet seemingly know exactly how much Britain has gone downhill.

There's also the lazy ones. Too lazy or "too good" to accept the unskilled jobs but kick off when the job is given to an immigrant who would happily accept the job as this country is a good place for work. You always find the lazy ones tend to say things like, "They're taking all our jobs" yet they wouldn't take them anyway. There's also that really thick bunch who say they hate all the foreign professionals working such establishments as the NHS yet they would also be the first to complain about lack of staff if those same people weren't here.

Then there's the problem of us just having it too easy in this country. We see the smallest thing as the country going downhill.

I doubt any one who complains would choose many other European countries to live in. There's only really Germany and France that are up there with us.

How many of you have actually gone out of your way to make your communities better places? One of the above posters mentions being shocked that someone in another country said "Good evening". Have you tried bucking the trend and actually saying it yourself without being prompted?

It's the people that make the country, not the other way round.

I love this country. I travel up and down it many times a month and barring the od scratch here and there it's beautiful.

That pretty much covers it :thumbsup:

Tony Erikson says, " There 's only Germany & France up there with us " [ ' Up ' where ? I dread to think ! ]. Well, in Europe alone, surely, there are one or two other places that could compete with us for quality of life ?

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Holland Belgium, Italy, Switerland, Austria, Spain, Portugal and Eire ? In fact, I bet a good few people would say that some of these places are better to live in than the U.K. ! Wow, that must comeas a shock.! Of course, it 's not all about the crude measurement of ' money per head of population ' that counts. A lot is to do with the direction in which a country is going, how relaxed, confident, happy and secure its inhabitants feel.......etc......

By this criteria perhaps many other countries could also claim to be happier places to live in than the U.K. ? I genuinely wonder why a lot of people think the U.K. is especially a wonderful place ?

Our prisons are overflowing, our educational system has been declining for years, our economy is rather sick, many of our streets are unsafe to frequent. Hospitals ? We are bogged down by endlessrules and regulations. Our health in general ? At least half-controlled by Brussels ?

The pity of it all, is that vis-a-vis most other countries we were so ' far ahead ' in many respects up to about 30 years ago. We 've had compulsory education for about 140 years and an expensive NHS since 1948.........so, how did we get in this mess......and where or how will it end ? Well, good luck and ' bon voyage ' you lucky U.K. burghers !

How on earth small, half arsed and thinly popoulated countries like Norway, Republic of Ireland and Sweden can be compared to the United Kingdom with its circa 60 million population is beyond me.

I imagine India and China must be amazing places to live what with their massive populations.

Tony Erikson says, " There 's only Germany & France up there with us " [ ' Up ' where ? I dread to think ! ]. Well, in Europe alone, surely, there are one or two other places that could compete with us for quality of life ?

Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Holland Belgium, Italy, Switerland, Austria, Spain, Portugal and Eire ? In fact, I bet a good few people would say that some of these places are better to live in than the U.K. ! Wow, that must comeas a shock.! Of course, it 's not all about the crude measurement of ' money per head of population ' that counts. A lot is to do with the direction in which a country is going, how relaxed, confident, happy and secure its inhabitants feel.......etc......

By this criteria perhaps many other countries could also claim to be happier places to live in than the U.K. ? I genuinely wonder why a lot of people think the U.K. is especially a wonderful place ?

Our prisons are overflowing, our educational system has been declining for years, our economy is rather sick, many of our streets are unsafe to frequent. Hospitals ? We are bogged down by endlessrules and regulations. Our health in general ? At least half-controlled by Brussels ?

The pity of it all, is that vis-a-vis most other countries we were so ' far ahead ' in many respects up to about 30 years ago. We 've had compulsory education for about 140 years and an expensive NHS since 1948.........so, how did we get in this mess......and where or how will it end ? Well, good luck and ' bon voyage ' you lucky U.K. burghers !

The lesson to be learned from the Nordic countries standard of living is that higher rates of tax and more public spending produces better societies.

The lesson to be learned from the Nordic countries standard of living is that higher rates of tax and more public spending produces better societies.

higher taxes no thanks...and less public spending....everything should be pay has you go...if you cant afford it you dont get it....

Archived