Police give up the fight as yobs take over

I think he means concurrently. It is true that as particular people are terrorised in their homes useless neighbours just do nothing. That street where a teenage boy and his friends drove a mother and daughter to suicide. Where were the men on that street?

I think he means concurrently. It is true that as particular people are terrorised in their homes useless neighbours just do nothing. That street where a teenage boy and his friends drove a mother and daughter to suicide. Where were the men on that street?

It's not as easy as saying "where were the men" though is it.

My parents street is a good example. Yobs wandering round shouting abuse at each other till god knows what hour, chucking litter and beer cans around. My dad, being a decent bloke, decides to stand up to them, and tells them to pick up the rubbish they'd thrown on his garden, and that of his neighbour (an 80 odd year old lady, living on her own), and they give him abuse. He tells them again, and they chuck stuff at him. He then grabs one by the collar, and makes him pick it up, at no point doing anything to injure said yob. Yob then calls the police, and has my dad arrested for assault. Dad ends up with a caution, yob wanders off chuckling. Nice.

At the other end of the scale, you have the guy in Stannington, who challenged some losers outside his house and ends up getting hit with a brick or whatever it was, and dying.

Marvellous country we live in isn't it.

My parents street is a good example. Yobs wandering round shouting abuse at each other till god knows what hour, chucking litter and beer cans around. My dad, being a decent bloke, decides to stand up to them, and tells them to pick up the rubbish they'd thrown on his garden, and that of his neighbour (an 80 odd year old lady, living on her own), and they give him abuse. He tells them again, and they chuck stuff at him. He then grabs one by the collar, and makes him pick it up, at no point doing anything to injure said yob. Yob then calls the police, and has my dad arrested for assault. Dad ends up with a caution, yob wanders off chuckling. Nice.

At the other end of the scale, you have the guy in Stannington, who challenged some losers outside his house and ends up getting hit with a brick or whatever it was, and dying.

The problem is individualism. Your dad and the guy in Stannington dealt with them as individuals. It would be good to see all the men on a street or those who cared to be organised and confront groups mob handed. Would a bunch of simpletons go near a street again if they knew a crowd of men would confront them? Maybe they would but in most cases probably not since we are talking about disorganised wasters. That does not solve the problem of yobs being able to use the police later of course but the police should have the discretion to ignore the wails of wasters. For yobs to report anyone they must identify them.

But yes it is very sad how this situation has arisen. A tiny minority exercising power over the normal majority. Does neighbourhood watch even exist any more?

Yeah! It takes the police hours to come out if they even do for someone reporting these hooligans, yet they ring and how long did it take for them to respond? not long i bet.

It's usually the women on our street who go out to tell them off, the men are too afraid of the consequences to do so.

There have been various examples of how the Yobs have been defeated by the police and law-abiding citizens.One need look no further than our very own Sheffield or Glasgow, in the 1920 's-----or more recently, New York City.[ Doubtless S.F.-ers know of others ]. The police have to be physically tough, relentless, efficient.......and their role has to be followed by a similar punishment system. How else can it be done ?

Many young people are ' natural yobs ', simply because of their immaturity and lively hormones. Teachers have known this for hundreds of years. However, in the classrooms and streets of the U.K., in too many instances, the Yobs rule the roost. They naturally fill the

' power vacuum ', if such a vacuum is there to be filled How pathetic ! Can the situation be reversed ? Well, yes, but it 's going to be a hell of a long job until we get some really tough politicians who actually know what a decent, happy life means for the vast majority of ordinary people !

im with the government

make 90% of the cops redundant. Let private security companies take over the patrols and traffic enforcement. Door staff and events staff are well trained nowadays they are easily capable of driving a cop car around and sorting out yobs. They can even go back to giving them a clip round the ear for being gobby..!

Keep a few cops back for sorting out the murders and bank robbers. Everything else can be sorted out by private companies.

Any cops wanting to be involved can work for theses firms on much more realistic pay, and without the big fat juicy pension.!!

I agree, these private companies can then charge the criminals for services rendered. For example, if some retard continues to harass an old lady or smashes bus shelters up then the company arrests the said retard, takes them to the police station and then invoices the person.

If the person cannot pay, they are taken to prison (more prisons could be built from the savings made by outsourcing). If the person is under a certain age, the parents pay the invoice or are themselves taken to prison if they cannot pay.

The police and council should take more direct action. If a person is causing a noise nuisance to their neighbours with their stereo, TV, slamming doors, let the coppers go in and confiscate those items (yes even take the doors out if necessary).

The problm is mainly in social housing, so give all new tenants six months probation as a minimum - any misbehaviour during the probationary period, throw them out.

Archived