Old people have it made!

Defoe

The comparison is only for the past 10 years. It needs to go back further to the 1960's otherwise its just recent statistics. It doesn't say anything about how many families are living rough in Sheffield either.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/guides/456900/456991/html/nn2page1.stm

You made the claim that wages had increased more than houseprices. You have no evidence to back that up, it would be interesting to see how you came to that conclusion..

None of them could afford to pay their mortgages as they were all on strike... after getting drawn in by the rhetoric of the marxists at the time. However, don't think Scargill and his ilk ever lost a nights sleep in worrying about how theirs was going to get paid.

Like the saying goes there's no fool like an old fool!

Are you saying that old people were always on strike?:huh:

None of them could afford to pay their mortgages as they were all on strike... after getting drawn in by the rhetoric of the marxists at the time. However, don't think Scargill and his ilk ever lost a nights sleep in worrying about how theirs was going to get paid.

Like the saying goes there's no fool like an old fool!

Are you saying that old people were always on strike?:huh:

No i'm saying that they are old now,but were young at the time. It was supposed to be a play on words! Epic fail?

Age should have made some people wiser....but sometimes doesn't!

No i'm saying that they are old now' date='but were young at the time. It was supposed to be a play on words! Epic fail?

Ah well, story of your life I guess! Why change the habits of a lifetime?:roll

Perhaps you'll get the hang of quotes one day....speaking of epic fails! That's about 4 goes you've had now and they've all come out wrong. Noticed a mod has put some right!:hihi:

Old people worked in the days when there were trade unions. These trade unions looked after the rights and welfare of their members. Because of this old people have index linked pensions so that their pay goes up in real terms even after 25 years of retirement!

Final salary pensions were available to everyone, but now , sadly only a very few molly coddled people still get them.

Also old people enjoyed very cheap house prices compared with what they are now, they made a real killing. Old people have got it made!

I think you should get your facts correct and read your post, because you are out of order.

You say that old people(which you will be one day) have index linked pensions, what planet do you live on. People who have a choice of food or heat, who have defended this country and you have the nerve to put them down. You Sir are an IDIOT.

The old people as you call them earned £1.7 shillings a week which in todays money was £1.35p. I started work at £6.19 in the late 60's.

crawl back under the stone you came from and just remember those who risked their lifes for people like you.

I think you should get your facts correct and read your post, because you are out of order.

You say that old people(which you will be one day) have index linked pensions, what planet do you live on. People who have a choice of food or heat, who have defended this country and you have the nerve to put them down. You Sir are an IDIOT.

The old people as you call them earned £1.7 shillings a week which in todays money was £1.35p. I started work at £6.19 in the late 60's.

crawl back under the stone you came from and just remember those who risked their lifes for people like you.

There is no need to be rude.:roll:

Old people worked in the days when there were trade unions. These trade unions looked after the rights and welfare of their members. Because of this old people have index linked pensions so that their pay goes up in real terms even after 25 years of retirement!

Final salary pensions were available to everyone, but now , sadly only a very few molly coddled people still get them.

Also old people enjoyed very cheap house prices compared with what they are now, they made a real killing. Old people have got it made!

If you work somwehere that has no trade union...then that sounds like to me....YOUR PROBLEM. You made a bad career choice! Trade Unions are still prevelant in UK companies....with some companies seeing the benefit of negotaiting with one central body, rather than individuals.

I take it that venting your anger on here, you picked a company without one?

If you work somwehere that has no trade union...then that sounds like to me....YOUR PROBLEM. You made a bad career choice! Trade Unions are still prevelant in UK companies....with some companies seeing the benefit of negotaiting with one central body, rather than individuals.

I take it that venting your anger on here, you picked a company without one?

I disagree. In most companies now trade union reps are tomorrows bosses . They merely represent themselves. Proper trade unions in private companies are a thing of the past.

Perhaps you'll get the hang of quotes one day....speaking of epic fails! That's about 4 goes you've had now and they've all come out wrong. Noticed a mod has put some right!:hihi:

You have a point Bedders

Defoe, try being more careful when you embolden words. Then your quotes will work.

Archived