Old people have it made!

Defoe

There is no need to be rude.:roll:

My reply was in my mind truthfull and factual. If you consider my reply as rude, just think of all the people you have insulted by your comments.

You do not have a clue and to have a go at pensioners as bieng well off while the rest are suffering has no basis of fact.

Do you have a problem with people who in your mind have more than you. Do you work or are you a student.

Yes, Mr. Defoe, and we old 'uns deserve to ' have it made ' ! We were standing on the White Cliffs of Dover, facing the Nazi Hordes. We had no Health & Safety Outreach Personnel to tell us what to do if we were blown to smithereens by a bomb. We had been beaten black and blue by teachers in the '30 's to toughen us up for Hitler & His Gang.

We had no NHS and often had to pull our own teeth out [ or each others teeth ] with a pair of pliers. There was none of this promiscuity----only promised security----you found a girl-----and then you were lumbered with her for life. No cell phones----only police cells ; no fashionable clothes [ like these 'ere flares ]----we wore us Dad 's hand-me-downs till we were in us forties !

So, we deserve a bit o' luxury and it 's a great pleasure, believe me, when we see you young 'uns slogging away, whilst we ride round on buses for nowt and buy villas in Portugal. Remember, in every life a little rain must fall !

When "old' people were young,most did not have ,central heating! double glazing ! cars! telephones! TVs! fridges! washing machines!foreign travel! computers! supermarkets!.............and endless other luxuries that people take for granted today.Lots were displaced by two world wars! lots worked till they were 65 and retired with nothing but a cheap gold watch!...................but anyway,do carry on talking out of your backside trying your best to wind us all up!

Well said!

My first mortgage was 15% rising to 17.5%.

Do away with the so called luxuries in life (cars, Iphones, continental holidays, sky etc) and you might be able to save for a house deposit.

Try doing what I did. Get a 40 hour week job. Work over time and do another job at weekends to save up for a deposit. Then carry on doing that for a few years more to pay the repayments which was double my parents council house rent.

Things are no worse now than in the seventies and if anything getting a mortgage even in this financial climate is even easier.

Try doing what I did. Get a 40 hour week job. Work over time and do another job at weekends to save up for a deposit.

Well said!

I have friends now at 25/26 who do that. They work so very very hard and their solice is closing the door and knowing they can enjoy their own company!

I wish I was like them. I had to go about getting and keeping my house other ways!

When I say IN REAL TERMS.....everything else....INCLUDING WAGE RISES is taken into acc ount.

Where's your source then.

My understanding of the figures is that the long term earning to house price average stands at 4 times, and at the moment it's overshot and it's at 5.5 ish.

If it were 400% higher as you suggest then the multiple would be at 16 times, not 5.5.

Where's your source then.

My understanding of the figures is that the long term earning to house price average stands at 4 times, and at the moment it's overshot and it's at 5.5 ish.

If it were 400% higher as you suggest then the multiple would be at 16 times, not 5.5.

All incorrect and misinformed.

Archived