Old people have it made!

Defoe

If people lived within their means then there would not be as many problems with money. Have you noticed how some people who have high joint incomes think that they have to spend it on flash cars and fancy holidays paid on their credit cards or bank loans rather than saving up to buy something, then start to whinge when one of them loses their job.

Old people bought council houses with discounts of up to 80% and stole social housing from their children and grandchildren.:(

Bear in mind that people who bought their council houses saved the council the cost of the repair service, modernisation and when the purchasers grew old and needed care services in a residential home the house is used to pay for it and not born solely by the council.

It was not a bad deal for the councils selling off council houses.

The fault was not building new houses, maybe the reason was because of the ongoing costs ref repairs, modernisation, cost of collecting rents and subsidies.

its a fact your a whinging failure .don' t forget the people in the past who fought on pickit lines and went on stike to get conditions which you've let slip through your fingers, through your in action you pathetic loser

I own two houses thanks, so you are totally incorrect and rather foolish too.:roll:

I am an 'old' person. I own my own house (not ex-council). I don't have central heating as I can't afford it but am satisfied with what I have. I have paid into a private pension for 40 years, never claimed any benefits except £25 maternity grant when I had my daughter 45 years ago.

Does this make me a bad person?

I am an 'old' person. I own my own house (not ex-council). I don't have central heating as I can't afford it but am satisfied with what I have. I have paid into a private pension for 40 years, never claimed any benefits except £25 maternity grant when I had my daughter 45 years ago.

Does this make me a bad person?

Get some central heating put in!:roll:

Old people bought council houses with discounts of up to 80% and stole social housing from their children and grandchildren.:(

You dont let up do you, you say "old people bought council houses" what do you class as old. People in their late 30,s and early 40's took up the offer to by their house.

The people did not steel social housing take a close look at Thatcher and please get your facts right for once in your life.

You realy need to stop insulting people and if you listened to other peoples opinion you might understand a little bit more.

Defoe you are self centered, arrogent and insulting it is about time you left the school playground and lived in the real world.

Just because you own 2 houses does not give you the right to look down on the rest.

People who bought their council house have one house, you complain about stealing social housing, what are you doing?

Something else what has changed. I got engaged and we both saved up to buy our first home while still living with our parents . Once we had our first house which required modernisation, we was doing it up in our spare time which we had little off working 7 days a week and we planned our wedding. Got married and moved in. O.k we could have moved in a bit before our wedding but we had old fashioned parents.:hihi:

Today people meet up, fall in love, some have babies first some wait, then they shack up together in a rented home. Paying out for private rent could be their mortgage repayments. After paying out rent there is little left to save. So whats wrong with the old way of living at home and saving for a deposit?

As for a pension, I took a cut in my standard of living so I could contribute to a private pension. And wow wee it makes me enough to pay my council tax and water rates.

Archived