Are Muslims allowed to drink milk?

I saw what I think was a Muslim woman buying two pints the other day.

Didn't think they were allowed.

As long as its halal milk and its brought up and transported with respect and compassion.

Oh and you must also say a little prayer before slitting its throat the top of the carton with a razor sharp knife

I saw what I think was a Muslim woman buying two pints the other day.

Didn't think they were allowed.

They may well not be allowed to drink pig milk but I've never heard of cow milk being 'haram'.

Perhaps you're getting Muslims confused with Jains or vegans, though that does seem rather unlikely.

amusing, but doesn't answer the question as such...

I think that people of all religions choose which "rules " of their chosen faith they choose to follow.I know plenty of methodists who like a drink or buy a lottery ticket and I'm sure some catholics must use contraception.It's up to their own conscience.And incidentaly,how did you know she was a Muslim?

I know so little about them, but they're my fellow citizens.

I do know that they're not allowed pets.

Some might not be but I've known muslims with pets. Just like other big religions Islam is anything but monolithic and their are many widely divergent varieties of it, some of those varieties might forbid pets but I'd be surprised if they all did.

Archived