How Do I Complain About A Solicitor?

You will be very lucky if you can find one solicitor who is prepared to take a case against another.

You are joking right?

We love the chance to get one over another firm. Absolutely love it. Can you imagine if Man U had the chance to complain about Chelsea doing something wrong to the FA? Fergie's hands would be a blur as he filled out the report. Same thing.

But yes, LCS is a good start. A few things though...

Don't complain just because your case didn't succeed. The number of clients who complain because they don't like the law is ridiculous. That isn't our fault.

Don't start accusing your solicitor of things on here or other public places, as people say. Being sued for defamation = not fun.

You'd be surprised how often complaints are resolved just by going through the firm's internal complaints process - we're far more scared of our managing partners than we are of the LSC.

If you want to tell me the details of what's happened, I'll tell you if it's a valid complaint, and before anyone says it, I don't do professional negligence work at all, so no I'm not fishing for work. Although, that said, I do love how it's okay for other professions to reply to any post regarding their trade and do that. :huh:

You are joking right?

We love the chance to get one over another firm. Absolutely love it. Can you imagine if Man U had the chance to complain about Chelsea doing something wrong to the FA? Fergie's hands would be a blur as he filled out the report. Same thing.

He's not wrong, you know :hihi:

If you want to tell me the details of what's happened, I'll tell you if it's a valid complaint, and before anyone says it, I don't do professional negligence work at all, so no I'm not fishing for work.
Looks to me like you're offerring a pro-bono service. I would have thought that this possibility of a bit of free advice at the initiative (and discretion) of members of the legal profession doesn't amount to 'fishing for work' (as such, as understood by traditional Forum Rules) :)

Looks to me like you're offerring a pro-bono service. I would have thought that this possibility of a bit of free advice at the initiative (and discretion) of members of the legal profession doesn't amount to 'fishing for work' (as such, as understood by traditional Forum Rules) :)

I don't do fishing - I have enough work being piled on my desk. :) Just offering a little friendly lunchtime advice. :)

Archived