"Lost in the Post"

21 billion letters are sent each year and 99.92% of all mail is delivered safely. But don't let statistics get in the way of your paranoia. Here is your tin foil hat. :)

Okay, going on my Googles calculations, 0.08% (100% - 99.92%) of 21 billion is 16.8 Million, which means according to your figures, that's how many letters aren't delivered safely each year, that's over 46 thousand letters a day.

That's a lot!

Okay so I'm reight bored so I worked this out too, based on your figures, if someone who is born today, and lives till he's 80, in his life, 16 letters won't be delivered to him 'safely'.

And I've even accounted for population increase =D

Okay, going on my Googles calculations, 0.08% (100% - 99.92%) of 21 billion is 16.8 Million, which means according to your figures, that's how many letters aren't delivered safely each year, that's over 46 thousand letters a day.

That's a lot!

As a raw figure, it's a lot. As a percentage of the total, RM do an amazingly good job of not losing mail.

Archived