Does anyone remember C&A in Sheffield

sheffsand

I remember C and A very well as I worked as a Saturday salesman in the

menswear department in the 60's for about two years and enjoyed every minute of it.

There was a smashing atmosphere, all the staff were saturdays only, the company was pleasure to work for and I met and worked with some lovely ladies young and old, yes a very happy time with many happy memories,for anyone around from those days I was First Sales in Menswear

The one item of vintage clothing still residing in my wardrobe is a suede jacket which was bought at C & A in Sheffield in 1964. Funnily enough it's shrunk over the years; either that or....... but that's a different story. I still do get it out occasionally for the odd 60's themed party and just manage to squeeze into it. My kids love it so I guess it'll eventually become an heirloom!

Either that or via e-bay it'll supplement my pension.

does anyone remember C&A in Sheffield?

what a fantastic store that was, its strange that they arent in UK anymore, I have seen one believe it or not in Munich thats still open!!

Yes I remember C & A in sheffield city centre, and Meadowhall, I could always find what I wanted in there, my Daughter lives in Germany, and there's a couple of their shops over there, one being in Cologne.

I had a look around the one in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. The Mhall one used to be where Argos is now.

The one in Meadowhall used to be where Boots is now but before Boots it was a Furniture and houseware type store I can't be sure but think it was something like Alders ?. If you parked in the Red car park and went in through the doors there it was C&A one side and Boots the other.The furniture store never did very well and Boots extended.

around 1960 my mum gave me 30/- (£1.50 now) to buy a dress,i bought a nice fitted one when i went out in it for the first time Everyboby had one on very embarrassing. Years later got a 'swagger coat' & still have it,even wore it last xmas

Archived