Does anyone remember C&A in Sheffield

sheffsand

haha, we saw one in copenhagen :)

remember their brand? was it a horse? they had a ride near the side door which was the same horse as on their tags :)

Was the brand called 'Saddle Tramp'? I have a pair of jeans that are called that....albeit I wore them when I was eight, but I still have them for posterity.

Speaking of old shops, does anyone remember Jeanery that was on Fargate, round about where Thorntons is now. Man, I used to LOVE their stuff.

Was the brand called 'Saddle Tramp'? I have a pair of jeans that are called that....albeit I wore them when I was eight, but I still have them for posterity.

Speaking of old shops, does anyone remember Jeanery that was on Fargate, round about where Thorntons is now. Man, I used to LOVE their stuff.

Their horsey brand was "Palamino", the black and white horse. My mum worked at the Rotherham branch for 30 plus years, I think I must have wore most of their range at some point or another. I remember the ski stuff from my school ski hols in the late 80's. Mum used to get good discount and it also worked in Spain when we went on hols.

I also remember a bomb threat in the Rotherham store, again back in the 70's or 80's

It was rebuilt before then cos I went to work there straight from leaving school in 1957.

You may be right there but I remember seeing the exposed girders, I would estimate, up till 1955/6? The date I gave previously was from an online source which I thought sounded about right, but if you worked there in 57 then that must be wrong.

Looking on their website C&A are still producing really good inexpensive but classy clothes.

When I have been abroad and spotted a C&A I have always gone in and bought something.

I really do miss the shop. It was very good value for money.

UK's great loss I think.

Archived