Crime and Future Generations

Can you tell us about this golden age when papers, TV and radio were full of happy stories about nice things happening and nothing bad ever happened?

I'm still waiting for 'Man Bites Dog'.

It's the speed that the media has these days that leads to ill formed reporting, back in 1963 it took hours for the news of JFK's assasination to filter through to us, but at least it was factual when it arrived (unfortunately).

I do recall following the gales of 1962 a police officer on the Arbourthorne being interviewed. Apparantly during the carnage one person reported the loss of their false teeth, and another of their green (why do I remember the colour?) dusbin lid, he had found them both, now that's reporting. :hihi:

Wrong, there's just more media about these days so more scare stories because hysterical reports about crime sells papers.

It's safer to walk the streets now than it's ever been. If you're frightened to go out at night in case a chav looks at you in a funny way, you must be a bit of a wimp.

how old are you with a reply like that you must be a bit of a twit, you've got no idea who your speaking to for a start, were you around the streets 40 years ago? .as for funny looks from chavs i'd put a knife in is stomach and rip is guts out ,bite is nose off then suck is eyes out and spit them is face if he called me a wimp. only if i was in a good mood that is:)

Wrong, there's just more media about these days so more scare stories because hysterical reports about crime sells papers.

It's safer to walk the streets now than it's ever been. If you're frightened to go out at night in case a chav looks at you in a funny way, you must be a bit of a wimp.

I used to walk home in the early hours of the morning in the 60's following all nighters at the Mojo in Pitsmoor and never encountered any trouble, I wouldn't walk around there in daylight these days.

You have proved yourself to be contentious on another thread, calling someone a wimp is completely out of order. A few years ago (perhaps three) my wife and I were attacked on Baslow Road by four yobs at 9.45 on a summers Saturday night. They gave me a damned good kicking whilst I persueded my wife to leg it, I ended up with one ear split from top to bottom.

Who the hell are you to insult people? What the hell do you know about times gone by? I urge other forum users to boycot your threads and posts.

how old are you with a reply like that you must be a bit of a twit, you've got no idea who your speaking to for a start, were you around the streets 40 years ago? .as for funny looks from chavs i'd put a knife in is stomach and rip is guts out ,bite is nose off then suck is eyes out and spit them is face if he called me a wimp. only if i was in a good mood that is:)

Now don't hold back John, tell us what you would really do. :hihi:

Why waste your time writing utter nonsence Worjackie, to say ' its safer to walk the streets now than its ever been ' and to call people wimps is not only rude but insulting !

1) look at the number of gun crimes

2) look at the number of knife crimes

3) look around you at the younger generation on drugs and alcohol

4) have you ever had a car stolen and burnt out ?

Suggest you think before you speak !!!!!

People begrudge the unemployed a healthy diet, yet those in prison get 3 meals a day.

The men in prison look far healthier than their unemployed counterparts on the outside.

Some of the people you see entering the job centres literally look like they are wasting away.

While I wouldn't disagree with you there, I think, rather interestingly, that many people have the perception that crime is rising when it simply isn't.

But my friends dont lie and crime is rising on their streets, burglary, vandalism and violence and none of my friends wear a press badge.

While I wouldn't disagree with you there, I think, rather interestingly, that many people have the perception that crime is rising when it simply isn't.

I don't find your thoughts very interesting at all. :P

Police force 'tricks' to 'fiddle' crime figures

The Thin Blue Line: TOP COPS ARE STILL FIDDLING THE CRIME STATISTICS

Police 'fiddle' crime statistics

Detective lifts lid on 'fiddled' crime figures

CRIME OF THE CENTURY – THE DECEPTION OF FALLING CRIME

Fiddling statistics is no way to restore public confidence

Revealed: how police fiddle crime figures

IT'S NOT A CRIME TO VANDALISE A CAR, SAY POLICE

Police forces are using a series of tricks to manipulate crime figures to give a false picture of their performance, a former senior detective has revealed.

The techniques – dubbed "gaming" – are used to create the illusion that fewer crimes are being committed and that a bigger proportion are being solved.

Rodger Patrick, a retired Detective Chief Inspector, claimed that the methods are tacitly approved of by senior officers, police watchdogs and the Home Office.

LINK

So while the fictional, fantasy-land crime figures indicate that it is the people's "perception" that is all wrong, their real life experiences (and admissions by police officers that the police routine fiddle the figures) indicate that it is you who is wrong.

In other dell12 "approved" news, black is white, up is down and tractor production has exceeded the targets for the second Three Year Plan.

Archived