Queen sought heating grants

I very much doubt it had anything to do with "the queen", rather her aides.

..you stole my words auto, it's highly unlikely she knew anything about it, despite the spin the media put on it.

I'm sure the Palace accountants had worked out that it would look like a cost saving to the Exchequer in their financial statements, if they could get this heating allowance.

Very surprised not to see this mentioned already. If I've missed a thread, mods please merge this one into that.

LINK

I guess we really are "all in this together".

Has Qeenie not considered taking in a few lodgers to help ends meet? All the offspring have left home now and there's plenty of rooms standing empty at Buck House.

Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, but what else is Buckingham Palace used for besides a residence? It seems a mighty big place to house the family and their various servants and entourage. Are there sections that are used for other business or is it just a bunch of empty rooms?

If they are empty, then I quite agree....the space should be utilized in some fashion and the users charged with the utilities. I'm sure there is some way to securely section off parts of it that could be used by security or other government offices.

The state should pay for the heating and upkeep of the palace. It's not part of her personally owned real estate property but a place she lives in during her reign as monarch and it belongs to the state

Of course the government could always assign her to a humbler abode and set themselves up as the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Obama gets his heating bills paid for by the state and the White House is just about as big as Buck House I think

Archived