Tony

severe terror threat  

42 members have voted

1. 1. severe terror threat

• I'm frightened
    • I'm on the lookout
    • I'll report abandoned all carrier bags
    • I couldn't care less

just be careful about men with bushy beards carrying holdalls on public transport...other than that everything is fine....happy days

Male suicide bombers do not have beards, they're required to shave them (and other body hair, I believe) in preparation for being clean as they enter heaven, or some believe that it is a practice adopted by some before going into battle.

Whilst the chances of being directly involved in a terrorist attack may be remote, I know two people who were killed in terrorist attacks (a friend was on flight Pan Am 103 and a former colleague's son was on the Russell Square tube on 7/7) and a friend of mine saw the bus blow up in Tavistock Square. I lived in London for years with the constant threat of an IRA attack, then latterly Al Qaeda. I think that most people end up adopting a certain fatalistic attitude, they go about their ordinary everyday business and with time become complacent about it, until it happens.

There's caution and fear.

There is no point being in fear of a terrorist attack. There is a point to being cautious, but as I said, that's exactly the same as when you cross a road. Would you ever be fearful of crossing a road (excluding the M1 etc obviously!) or just cautious?

They obviously don't understand the meaning of 'a strong possibility', do they? When was the last terrorist attack?!? Rain is a strong possibility, not a terrorist attack.

There has been around 10 attacks by the Real IRA alone this year already.

But were they in mainland England?

Mainland England?

They shot four soldiers killing two last year, it's these people that the security services are worrying about; it's only a matter of time before they return to attacking the mainland like they did in the beginning of this century.

Terrorism can only work if it suceeds in terrorising the population, so why does the government do everything they can to hype it up out of all proportion?

Anyone would think politicians secretly like terrorism because it allows them to distract attention from what a bunch of self-serving back stabbers they are, while at the same time paving the way for all kinds of dodgy 'security' legislation which is then used for any purpose other than what it was supposedly introduced for.

And where do these constant 'alerts' come from? MI5 mostly. It's one way of making themselves seem indispernsible and avoiding the cutbacks, I suppose.

Yes I agree...:hihi:

Archived