Sheffield people from 50s and 60s.

katedave

Hey my names dave bolton used to live on bottom o moor in 40s and 50s do anyone of the follwing remember me.leslie parkin he had sister of same name. Frankie williamson lived on young st. Frankie holsman lived in our yard on humble road. Michael dennell he went into upholstery with his dad. I went to st silas school.its avery long time ago so dont hold out much hope.

mick worked with my brother at pbm on penistone road in the 80.s

• 3 weeks later...

Now we are going back in time now you pair of old Truckers Frank & Dave what a team of rouges we all were in those days lets start naming a few names now Bill Brown,Steve Marsh,Roger Kay,Paul Mangle if you lived in the same yard as Frank Holsman you will remember Richard Bradbury who lived opposite just on from Stacy's garage i also went to St Silas school with Peter & John(rip) Carnell,Don Wainwright Pat Critchlow then onto Greystones Sec Mod Frank Holsman had the old black ford pop Paul Mangle had a green A35 Van i had a Austin A40 farina then Mick Armitage also had a runaround Mick Dennall lived in the corner house on Clarence st just up from paper shop think he had a younger brother Ronnie then there was the Orwin twins a large family of Hepplestones i still see Kevin from time to time even though i live in the W/Midlands Frank i remember your Roy joining the army then going AWAL i was with him in Millhouses park when the MPs picked him up i look forward to hearing from you JACK HEWITT from Clarence st.

Now we are going back in time now you pair of old Truckers Frank & Dave what a team of rouges we all were in those days lets start naming a few names now Bill Brown,Steve Marsh,Roger Kay,Paul Mangle if you lived in the same yard as Frank Holsman you will remember Richard Bradbury who lived opposite just on from Stacy's garage i also went to St Silas school with Peter & John(rip) Carnell,Don Wainwright Pat Critchlow then onto Greystones Sec Mod Frank Holsman had the old black ford pop Paul Mangle had a green A35 Van i had a Austin A40 farina then Mick Armitage also had a runaround Mick Dennall lived in the corner house on Clarence st just up from paper shop think he had a younger brother Ronnie then there was the Orwin twins a large family of Hepplestones i still see Kevin from time to time even though i live in the W/Midlands Frank i remember your Roy joining the army then going AWAL i was with him in Millhouses park when the MPs picked him up i look forward to hearing from you JACK HEWITT from Clarence st.

hi jack

can,t put a face to the name.

it was dave that had the pop

i can remember,bill ,steve,holsman,mick, roger lived 2 doors away on bishop st

our roy is still going strong so is the rest of the family, they are still in sheff

i am in northants so not far from you.

memory not so good nowadays

how are you doin

• 2 weeks later...
hi jack

can,t put a face to the name.

it was dave that had the pop

i can remember,bill ,steve,holzman,mick, roger lived 2 doors away on bishop st

our roy is still going strong so is the rest of the family, they are still in sheff

i am in northants so not far from you.

memory not so good nowadays

how are you doin

Sorry for not replying sooner Frank iam new to all this techno stuff i have tried sending replies in all different ways i hope this one gets through to you glad to hear that Roy is still going strong i have a photo of your Graham and myself taken in the photo booth in Pond St many moons ago if you are on Facebook get me added then i can send it via E-Mail i know you were the oldest of your clan that's why you wont remember me im the same age or there abouts as Roy i also remember Frankie Holsman having a black ford pop Paul Mangle had a green A35 Van i had a Austin A40 Farina plus a few more with there own transport we all used to get around 9 bodies crammed in then off to the live music venues scattered around Sheff at that period Rodger and myself were always getting into trouble together and Colin his dad was always really hard on him look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Jack, Was Steve Marsh any relation to Christine and Tony who lived in the last house on Hodgson Street bang across from the Vine. My uncle Bernard used to keep that in the late fifties. Christine was my best mate for years but lost touch when we left school.

Hi, I used to have a friend who lived on Young St , wandered if you remember her her name was Christine Bodsworth she had 2 younger sisters, they lived opposite the house who had a monkey in a shed.havent heard from her for years

hi

christine bosworth

Kath fowler lived on bishop st ,same yard as me

there was a marsh family lived lower down towards the moor

That's right jonjo the Marsh family you are on about lived just across the road from the chippy Bill Brown was a half brother to Steve Danny RIP passed away a few years ago if my memory holds out i seem to think it was quite a large family with a few younger girls as well.

Archived