Paul Chambers - Twitter bomb threat joke

Do you honestly believe, that the Taliban is going to start using twitter if this Mr Chambers had not been found guilty?

Do you honestly believe that old Al Kideeedar is going to start using Twitter or facebook to plot the next 9/11.:loopy:

How can there be a next 9/11 :hihi:

A man found guilty of sending a menacing tweet threatening to blow up an airport has won a challenge against his conviction.

Paul Chambers, 28, from Doncaster, who now lives in Northern Ireland, was found guilty in May 2010 of sending a "menacing electronic communication".

Mr Chambers tweeted he would blow up Robin Hood Airport in South Yorkshire when it was closed after heavy snow.

After a hearing at the High Court in London his conviction was quashed.

Just for that I'm going to blow up Heathrow.

Should I be prosecuted, or would prosecuting me be a total waste of time, effort and money?

Yes, you should be prosecuted.

Can I ask please, why should they be prosecuted for saying this, now I know it can be construed one way or another....by that I mean if its written can't possibly mean it, or could just give them a false sense of security.

While I understand it was a joke and agree it shouldn't have gone to court, it was a silly thing to put. Surely anyone can understand an airport closing due to bad weather? I can't see how anyone couldn't understand that ...and because of that I wouldn't of got so wound up by it. I would blame the weather and make a joke about British weather.

Archived