Robin Hood Inn Stannington

If you come in Wednesday night, you'll see me and my Dad, we go every week for the quiz, with my Mum's Brother and his partner.

And we enjoy seeing you all!!:)

I know we won't replace Keeley in your heart Rich but I hope you start to enjoy our company soon too :)

Whats your favourite J20 flavour?

• 2 months later...
Can you ask the chef to be a bit more careful with the salt though - had a virtually inedible risotto last time (you don't need a ladleful, particularly not with parmesan), and the time before my veggie option was really salty. Everything else was nice though!

Thank you for letting us know I will pass the info on to the Chef what day did you come on, I know it shouldn't matter but if we can find out if Pete was actually cooking that day/evening it would be helpful! At least then we can train any member of staff that needs some more guidance!

I had over salty stuffing!

:o

I was very disappointed with the Sunday lunch to be honest but the other food I have eaten there was excellent.

:)

I am really sorry to hear of your dissapointing meal. I will be passing all of your comments on to my husband the chef Pete! I do hope you will come again and hopefully we can put things right.

Excellant pub this, wish it was a bit closer to my home address though, its a relatively long haul walking along that road at night to get to the other side of Stannington...the short cut through the remains of Loxley College is faster but a bit on the scary side.....

Thank you for your comments, yes we are a bit out of the way, but I hope we can make this place worth the travelling!

We eat in teh Robin Hood all the time (yummy bangers and mash!) so I brought my American friend in this week, she absolutly loved the place and the food was yummy too. We forgot to ask while we were there, are you having the brass band in again at Christmas this year?

Ooh that sounds good, when exactly did they have them playing? It sounds like a great idea. I will have to see if it fits in with what we are doing, we are already fully booked for christmas day! Bridget and Scott the old owners are in this evening celebrating a birthday, I will pop doewn shortly and ask them. Thanks for your comments. :thumbsup:

Archived