Robin Hood Inn Stannington

Can anyone buy your Double Barndy Butter ice cream? I or my wife go past your farm every day and wouldn't mind some.

Shaun

http://www.sheffieldcleaning.com

Yes Shaun, everything we make is available from the farm, I think we are up to about 21 different ice creams now available in little tubs half litre, litre and 2.5L.

Free samples all December. (well its allways try before you buy :thumbsup:)

We now stock fresh organic British dirty veg, because it has not been scrubbed and washed clean it will last weeks :)

Yes Shaun, everything we make is available from the farm, I think we are up to about 21 different ice creams now available in little tubs half litre, litre and 2.5L.

Free samples all December. (well its allways try before you buy :thumbsup:)

We now stock fresh organic British dirty veg, because it has not been scrubbed and washed clean it will last weeks :)

You should put you address in your signature - where are you?

The Robin Hood is an ace pub! the new landlord Carl is great. We regularly frequent it on a Friday and Saturday night. In fact, I shall be up there in around an hour with the gang! Our Cow Molly, your ice cream sounds delicious. I have only heard good things about it. I shall have to pop up to your shop to buy some.

• 2 weeks later...

I rang the Robin Hood yesterday, to book Sunday lunch as a Christmas present for a close friend.

The phone was answered by a girl who, when I asked when a table for 3 might be free this Sunday replied : "We have a very busy day this Sunday". Fair enough. I asked again when a table for 3 might be free, if at all.

I could hear someone in the background talking to her and obviously telling her what to say to me. The girl then told me that she couldn't tell me if there might be a table free. I was a bit stumped at this. The voice prompted her again and she said : "Can you ring back tomorrow. I'm not in a position to tell you whether you can book a table and both managers are busy".

Needless to say, I booked somewhere else, where the restaurant was actually interested in my custom.

Not a good approach to customer service by the Robin Hood, I'd say.

A group of us called just after 3pm a few weeks ago, for a drink after a long walk, only to be told by the surly chap there " We close at 3 and don't open till 5". Hard to believe in these times, I know, but they must be raking it in, to be able to afford the luxury of this kind of attitude to potential customers. Like lots of pubs these days, they are run by people who are sadly lacking in customer awareness and no doubt they will "move on" in a couple of years blaming falling demand, credit crunch, we tried our best, etc,etc. It would have been a good business were it not for those pesky customers!

So the pub was fully booked, and runs a split shift system. Fair enough on both points i'd say. As for that phonecall, sounds like you spoke to someone not used to taking calls. Unlucky. But hardly a capital offence!

I Agree, if they must be doing okay to shut for a few hours.

Archived