Robin Hood Inn Stannington

Closure of the pub for conversion to apartments announced today

A HISTORIC Sheffield pub which opened more than 200 years ago is to close – another victim of the recession.

The Appleyards bought the Robin Hood Inn at Little Matlock in Stannington, 13 years ago to save it from closure but now the family are preparing to shut the doors themselves, saying they can no longer continue putting their money into the business.

A planning application has been made to the council to convert the grade II-listed building at the end of Greaves Lane, off Wood Lane, into three apartments and the family plan to move into them

A HISTORIC Sheffield pub which opened more than 200 years ago is to close – another victim of the recession.

The Appleyards bought the Robin Hood Inn at Little Matlock in Stannington, 13 years ago to save it from closure but now the family are preparing to shut the doors themselves, saying they can no longer continue putting their money into the business.

A planning application has been made to the council to convert the grade II-listed building at the end of Greaves Lane, off Wood Lane, into three apartments and the family plan to move into them

This thread is almost a year old. Re-post your above comments as a new thread then hopefully people will see it

Hi No it as not charged hands but it will be shut by August 2011.

Owners want to make it into flats.

Robin hood R.I.P

Hi. Wow, flats? No more Robin Hood pub? Can they do that? How many flats are they going to turn it into?

I'm really upset about this and quite can't believe it's going to happen, it's awful, I love the place. I don't blame the owners for doing it though, it sounds like they'd be absolutely ruined if they didn't sell it for apartments.

It's been there since 1804 and within 10 months of me moving back to the area, pfft, gone.

I'm really upset about this and quite can't believe it's going to happen, it's awful, I love the place. I don't blame the owners for doing it though, it sounds like they'd be absolutely ruined if they didn't sell it for apartments.

It's been there since 1804 and within 10 months of me moving back to the area, pfft, gone.

What a shame, and such an old pub as well.

What a shame, and such an old pub as well.

It is a shame. A piece of history, if not gone, turned into something that isn't open to the public anymore. A family losing their home and a business that has been a labour of love for them. All because the economy has been carelessly hamstrung and because people would rather drink cheap booze from Tesco or go to Wetherspoons than have a nice walk and spend some time in a special place.

At least The Nag's Head is thriving.

It is a shame. A piece of history, if not gone, turned into something that isn't open to the public anymore. A family losing their home and a business that has been a labour of love for them. All because the economy has been carelessly hamstrung and because people would rather drink cheap booze from Tesco or go to Wetherspoons than have a nice walk and spend some time in a special place.

At least The Nag's Head is thriving.

Well said !!

Does anybody know if it has changed ownership in last couple of months, we went there recently for Sunday lunch and there was nobody in, the food was not as good as on previous occasions.

How did you get served if no one in?Is it self service?

Archived