Space costume.. help!

A cheap pair of silver leggings (I haven't seen any for a while, maybe Primark is still stocking them, you can get them for about a fiver), a plain black top, some wellies, a cycle helmet and a couple of sleeve cuffs made out of cardboard covered in foil? I had to come up with one for my son in a school assembly a couple of years ago, you have my every sympathy.

I have to dress up on Wednesday at school for a Space day! I need ideas for a economical space themed outfit.... Any ideas! Looked on Ebay but not guaranteed to arrive before Wednesday and £30 is a little out of by budget. Thanks

Which planet are you visiting? The atmosphere will dictate the type of suit you require. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Disposable boiler suits cost around a fiver from Halfords. One of them sprayed silver with wellies covered in foil and a skid lid borrowed from someone and covered in foil should do the trick (caution: do not spray paint a helmet unless you fancy replacing it- the paint will damage the crash protection offered by the helmet, as will dropping it).

Archived