Camerons baby sleeps in cardboard box.

Because this will reported around the world, and reflects badly on the PM

Much like The Queen trying to be a benefits cheat?

She and Cameron must be the nouveau poor.

And of course, invading Iraq based on totally false information (no WMDs, no connection to 9/11) didn't reflect badly on the UK at all! :rolleyes:

(This story must be the thinnest of clutched straws for our resident Labour trolls.)

What's the problem?! I'm sure the baby doesn't care, so why should we?

I have to say I agree, and from an environmental point of view, this surely has to be classed as a low carbon alternative ;), and a good example of reuse over landfill. So I applaud them for being down to earth, after all they could have gone out and spend hundreds on a new cot and would have been slated for that too...

just my 2p worth.

The article didn't say Florence doesn't have a cot....it says "Nancy made her a cardboard box when we were in Cornwall as we didn't have a cot and decorated it and she's still in the cardboard box.". That says to me that because they didn't have a cot with them in Cornwall, Nancy made her a box. I think its very sweet and probably means quite a lot to Nancy that her gift is being used. It will be something they can all look back on when Florence is grown and say your sister Nancy didn't want you to go without at the time and made this very special bed for you to sleep in. I hope they keep the box always as it will be full of memories.

The article didn't say Florence doesn't have a cot....it says "Nancy made her a cardboard box when we were in Cornwall as we didn't have a cot and decorated it and she's still in the cardboard box.". That says to me that because they didn't have a cot with them in Cornwall, Nancy made her a box. I think its very sweet and probably means quite a lot to Nancy that her gift is being used. It will be something they can all look back on when Florence is grown and say your sister Nancy didn't want you to go without at the time and made this very special bed for you to sleep in. I hope they keep the box always as it will be full of memories.

My sentiments entirely. I thought it touching that the older sister made something for the baby that didn't involve spending lots of money.

My sentiments entirely. I thought it touching that the older sister made something for the baby that didn't involve spending lots of money.

You are being drawn into PR web already, it has been his job for long enough to encourage people to like him and fall for his tawdry tricks.

I cannot believe for one minute that his daughter sleeps in a cardboard box, but he has coinvinced you lot hasnt he, and that proves what a charlatan he is.

What a naive bunch you are.

Now while you are in this mood, anyone want to buy a used car, spot on it is.

You are being drawn into PR web already, it has been his job for long enough to encourage people to like him and fall for his tawdry tricks.

I cannot believe for one minute that his daughter sleeps in a cardboard box, but he has coinvinced you lot hasnt he, and that proves what a charlatan he is.

What a naive bunch you are.

Now while you are in this mood, anyone want to buy a used car, spot on it is.

Please don't patronise me. This was about DC's children, and I do believe he is a caring parent, regardless of his political views. I'm sure once the family returned home from their holidays the baby would sleep in a proper cot. No one was trying to pretend that this was a permanent arrangement. Most of us saw the mild humour in the situation - someone so well off, yet caught out by baby arriving early!

But then some of us don't feel the need to slate a person every time they are mentioned just because they have differing views to ours. ;)

Please don't patronise me. This was about DC's children, and I do believe he is a caring parent, regardless of his political views. I'm sure once the family returned home from their holidays the baby would sleep in a proper cot. No one was trying to pretend that this was a permanent arrangement. Most of us saw the mild humour in the situation - someone so well off, yet caught out by baby arriving early!

But then some of us don't feel the need to slate a person every time they are mentioned just because they have differing views to ours. ;)

I would not dare patronise you, I am merely pointing out the kind of of awful man he is.

Dont fall for the smiles and baby kisses.

Dont forget, he used to be a member of a club that went about smashing up hotels and restuarants, then threw money on the floor in front of the owner, and tell him to get it cleaned up.

And he is now our PM, god help us.

Archived