Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

Today Arthur Langran turns 100!

He has smoked at least 10 roll up cigarettes every day since he was 20. Thats just under 292,000 cigarettes in a life time. He also drinks a glass of whiskey every day!

I know some of you might be thinking that this is only in the news bacause smokers never usually live until they are 100. But you are wrong..... It's in the news because hardly anyone lives until they are 100.

Arthur celebrated his 100th Birthday by sinking several pints of beer in his local! Well done old man! You are a living legend & proof that we all don't have to eat rabbit food & drink water every day to live a long & healthy life!

There are over 10,000 100+ year olds in the UK. It would be surprising if none of them were smokers wouldn't it?

I wonder if this heartwarming story will give comfort to the millions of people who have lost loved ones as a direct result of smoking.

It certainly warms my heart!

When my great gran turned 100, she said the secret to a long life wasn't good health - it was enjoyig life and being interested, so you dont get bored.

She was told to stop smoking an drinking after a mild stroke - at 101. obviouly she laughed and died peacfully in her sleep a week before she turned 102.

Amazing lady she was. When she got the telegram from the queen, she had it in her mind to march right down to Buckingham Palace and give 'old Betty' a piece of her mind. She was offended and appalled that it was a telegram from the 'queen's office' and there was nothing personal about it al all.

to the OP - there really are some amazing people out there - I don't think it is due to the smoking, though :) .

He has smoked at least 10 roll up cigarettes every day since he was 20.

Thats just under 292,000 cigarettes in a life time.

That's amazing...

... it's amazing what crap some people will dig up to try and justify a filthy habit.

Go and spend half a day at Weston Park Cancer Information Centre.

He has smoked at least 10 roll up cigarettes every day since he was 20. Thats just under 292,000 cigarettes in a life time. He also drinks a glass of whiskey every day!

I know some of you might be thinking that this is only in the news bacause smokers never usually live until they are 100. But you are wrong..... It's in the news because hardly anyone lives until they are 100.

Arthur celebrated his 100th Birthday by sinking several pints of beer in his local! Well done old man! You are a living legend & proof that we all don't have to eat rabbit food & drink water every day to live a long & healthy life!

Thought you'd buggered off...

Archived