Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

That's amazing...

... it's amazing what crap some people will dig up to try and justify a filthy habit.

Go and spend half a day at Weston Park Cancer Information Centre.

Not sure what you expect people to see at the information centre?

The wife has lung cancer and was told at Weston Park not to blame the smoking as we have lots of patients that have never smoked in their lives.

Interestingly...Weston Park provides a smoke room for inpatients.

The wife has lung cancer and was told at Weston Park not to blame the smoking as we have lots of patients that have never smoked in their lives.

Smoking is not the only cause of lung cancer, but it is the major cause. 90% of people people with lung cancer are current or former smokers. One in ten moderate smokers and almost one in five heavy smokers (more than 15 cigarettes a day) will die of lung cancer.

There is no point in making people with serious diseases feel responsible for their condition. They're being kind.

It's true. Don't blame the smoking, blame your genes. However, smoking is a very strong trigger for such cancers.

Smoking was popularized during the First World War, and in a famous story the surgeon Alton Ochsner recalled that as a student at Washington University in 1910, he was asked to witness an autopsy of a patient with lung cancer, having been told by his teachers that lung cancer was so rare that he may never see another case. It was 17 years before he saw his next case but within the next 6 months eight more cases were seen, all in men who smoked heavily.

Today Arthur Langran turns 100!

He has smoked at least 10 roll up cigarettes every day since he was 20. Thats just under 292,000 cigarettes in a life time. He also drinks a glass of whiskey every day!

I know some of you might be thinking that this is only in the news bacause smokers never usually live until they are 100. But you are wrong..... It's in the news because hardly anyone lives until they are 100.

Arthur celebrated his 100th Birthday by sinking several pints of beer in his local! Well done old man! You are a living legend & proof that we all don't have to eat rabbit food & drink water every day to live a long & healthy life!

Here`s to Arthur :thumbsup:

The roll up ive just made will be smoked as a toast to Arthur .

That's amazing...

... it's amazing what crap some people will dig up to try and justify a filthy habit.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Full marks from a lung cancer victim who DID smoke 30 roll ups a day. But, no good crying over spilt milk............

And you lot who make excuses and try to justify smoking, can you imagine what its like when the doctor says "I'm sorry but its lung cancer" Wake up, smell the coffee, the evidence is pretty convincing if not conclusive.

I played for many years on the WMC and pub scene, when I got my instrument out after a weekends gigging the smell of stale tobacco was disgusting, it was the same on my stage suits when taken out of the cover.

I was in charge of oxygen for my late father-in-law who died of lung cancer, it wasn't pretty sight.

That's amazing...

Why would anyone want to spend half a minute there if they didn't have to?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Full marks from a lung cancer victim who DID smoke 30 roll ups a day. But, no good crying over spilt milk............

And you lot who make excuses and try to justify smoking, can you imagine what its like when the doctor says "I'm sorry but its lung cancer" Wake up, smell the coffee, the evidence is pretty convincing if not conclusive.

As a person who has recently become a non-smoker I must say thanks. I was really struggling before I read this.

Archived