Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

Thought you'd buggered off...

Couldn't resist posting this story, I love reading the reactions of militant none smokers who think they can put the world to rights!

Smokers make a choice, If they want to smoke, let them, they know the risks! Leave them aone & let them get on with life & death!

Couldn't resist posting this story, I love reading the reactions of militant none smokers who think they can put the world to rights!

Smokers make a choice, If they want to smoke, let them, they know the risks! Leave them aone & let them get on with life & death!

Smokers only make a choice for the first few fags. After that it's addiction all the way. I'd love to see you make a choice to not have a fag for a year. You will see there's little choice in it (I suspect you already know that).

Not being a "militant non-smoker", just saying you're wrong about smokers choosing to smoke every day.

Smokers only make a choice for the first few fags. After that it's addiction all the way. I'd love to see you make a choice to not have a fag for a year. You will see there's little choice in it (I suspect you already know that).

Not being a "militant non-smoker", just saying you're wrong about smokers choosing to smoke every day.

Hmmm..

Im not so sure about that either.

As an ex-smoker (Quit earlier this year - see Champix thread) I would say that people start smoking because they want to and even though it is addictive, anybody who wants to stop can stop anytime they like, even though i agree that its difficult... Its less a matter of addiction and more a matter of choice. Once you have chosen to stop, you then have to fight the addiction, not the other way around.

If i had not wanted to quit smoking... i wouldnt have quit, simple as that really.

I haven't smoked a cigarette for aout 3 months. I know how hard it is to stop & I agree with you. Some smokers will never be able to give it up, no matter how much they want to.

It's still a choice though isn't it, initally? I started smoking in my teens in the early 90's, even back then the risks were pretty clear - smoking gives you cancer - but I made a choice & I enjoied every last cigarette! I don't need someone to tell me to stop & force their opinions on me!

There are many things that people do to there body that are self destructive. Smoking is just one of them, but it has been lampooned.

I haven't smoked a cigarette for aout 3 months. I know how hard it is to stop & I agree with you. Some smokers will never be able to give it up, no matter how much they want to.

It's still a choice though isn't it, initally? I started smoking in my teens in the early 90's, even back then the risks were pretty clear - smoking gives you cancer - but I made a choice & I enjoied every last cigarette! I don't need someone to tell me to stop & force their opinions on me!

There are many things that people do to there body that are self destructive. Smoking is just one of them, but it has been lampooned.

Jesus Christ. You started the thread!!!!! What did you expect?

I thought it was clear enough.... You whinge about people telling you to stop, and forcing opinions on you. When does this happen? Perhaps when you start threads on public forums about smoking?!

When does this happen??

Every time a smoker buys a packet of cigarettes & sees SMOKING KILLS or a picture of a blackened lung on the packet! Every time a smoker pays £6.50 for a packet of cigs, when they should cost less than half of that.

Archived