Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

Couldn't resist posting this story, I love reading the reactions of militant none smokers who think they can put the world to rights!

Smokers make a choice, If they want to smoke, let them, they know the risks! Leave them aone & let them get on with life & death!

So you were just trolling then. Deliberately pretending to believe that this anecdote invalidates the medical evidence in order to start an argument.

As well as being childish and disingenuous, isn't it against the forum rules?

So you were just trolling then. Deliberately pretending to believe that this anecdote invalidates the medical evidence in order to start an argument.

I'm not saying for 1 minute that smoking desn't damage anyones health, when did I say that?

Of course he was trolling... His charming replies backed that up (if it wasn't clear enough initially).

I'm not saying for 1 minute that smoking desn't damage anyones health, when did I say that?

Well what was the point of your post and subsequent argumentative replies?

You are a living legend & proof that we all don't have to eat rabbit food & drink water every day to live a long & healthy life!

And this appears to be you implying that smoking is not harmful to your health.

Well what was the point of your post and subsequent argumentative replies?

And this appears to be you implying that smoking is not harmful to your health.

If smoking killed every smoker, how come this guy lived to be 100? My own great grand parents smoked till their late 80's when they died (not from smoking). My great granddad smoked park drive since he was 13, and he worked down the pit till he was in his 60’s.

Some people just don’t get cancer from smoking....most do. But smokers are prepared to take that risk.

Anyway.......Job done! I’m off to do something with my life. Twaz a pleasure peeing you lot off again! Ta-tar!

Today Arthur Langran turns 100!

He has smoked at least 10 roll up cigarettes every day since he was 20. Thats just under 292,000 cigarettes in a life time. He also drinks a glass of whiskey every day!

I know some of you might be thinking that this is only in the news bacause smokers never usually live until they are 100. But you are wrong..... It's in the news because hardly anyone lives until they are 100.

Arthur celebrated his 100th Birthday by sinking several pints of beer in his local! Well done old man! You are a living legend & proof that we all don't have to eat rabbit food & drink water every day to live a long & healthy life!

Couldn't agree with you more Bonzo!!!

As a person who has recently become a non-smoker I must say thanks. I was really struggling before I read this.

Best of luck to you.

30 years ago round about this time of the year we looked at our 12 week old twins in their carry cots and then at the blue film of smoke in the room.

We decided to go to a hypnotist to help us stop smoking, after just the one visit neither of us has ever touched another cigarette.

After the twins arrival our number of offspring had increased to four, but due to stopping smoking we were able to put a deposit down on a house two years later.

We could not have paid a mortgage and carried on smoking, our car doesn't reek of stale tobacco neither does our house along with the fact that we have to decorate less frequently.

If smoking killed every smoker, how come this guy lived to be 100?

Strawman, nobody has ever made that claim.

My own great grand parents smoked till their late 80's when they died (not from smoking). My great granddad smoked park drive since he was 13, and he worked down the pit till he was in his 60’s.

Some people just don’t get cancer from smoking....most do. But smokers are prepared to take that risk.

So?

Anyway.......Job done! I’m off to do something with my life. Twaz a pleasure peeing you lot off again! Ta-tar!

What a shallow life you must lead...

Couldn't resist posting this story, I love reading the reactions of militant none smokers who think they can put the world to rights!

Smokers make a choice, If they want to smoke, let them, they know the risks! Leave them aone & let them get on with life & death!

Actually it isn't that simple.

WHEN you require hospital treatment for an awful lung infection or lung cancer, you are going to need lots of care from nurses, doctors and consultants. You are going to be taking up a bed and making use of lots of machinery.

Why the hell would I want to pay for this? I'd rather my NI contributions be going to patients who have horrible diseases through no fault of their own.

Archived