Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

Actually it isn't that simple.

WHEN you require hospital treatment for an awful lung infection or lung cancer, you are going to need lots of care from nurses, doctors and consultants. You are going to be taking up a bed and making use of lots of machinery.

Why the hell would I want to pay for this? I'd rather my NI contributions be going to patients who have horrible diseases through no fault of their own.

what if bonzo77 is paying to go private?

When does this happen??

Every time a smoker buys a packet of cigarettes & sees SMOKING KILLS or a picture of a blackened lung on the packet! Every time a smoker pays £6.50 for a packet of cigs, when they should cost less than half of that.

True.

Those tobacco barons living in luxurious mansions should take a much smaller cut.

If smoking killed every smoker, how come this guy lived to be 100? My own great grand parents smoked till their late 80's when they died (not from smoking). My great granddad smoked park drive since he was 13, and he worked down the pit till he was in his 60’s.

Some people just don’t get cancer from smoking....most do. But smokers are prepared to take that risk.

Not everybody who jumps off cliffs die either. But smoking is the only activity which is guaranteed to adversely affect health* if done per the instructions.

*Just because you can smoke and live to 100 doesn't mean there are no ill effects.

Anyway.......Job done! I’m off to do something with my life.

Just think of all the things you could have done with your life if you hadn't spent all that money on fags.

Twaz a pleasure peeing you lot off again!

Fail.

In what was should you showing your internet self up as a bitter, humourless whinger pee me off?

Ta-tar!

Yes, tar is one of the nastier 'benefits' conferred on poor smokers. Well done for knowing that.

Awww.............What a nice story! NOT!!

I almost puked into my cornflakes! You do realise that hipnosis is a load of Bo%%$~ks don't you? I can't believe you needed someone to whisper into your subconscious to tell you that the bule film of smoke in the room was no good for your kids!

You do realise that you could have just had your smoke outside don't you? That would have saved on decorating & stale smells!! :loopy:

What a sad misinformed bigot you are.

(My bold) yes we could have smoked outside our council house but today we wouldn't have been living inside our own home.

Regardless of what your bigoted mind thinks our whole family consider that it was the best £14 that we ever spent and nothing that stupid offensive people like you post will make us think otherwise.

Why the hell would I want to pay for this? I'd rather my NI contributions be going to patients who have horrible diseases through no fault of their own.

Unless you can conclusively prove that a person smoking (or doing whatever) actually caused the disease how can you work that ?

Just think of all the things you could have done with your life if you hadn't spent all that money on fags.

You mean like live in a nice big house, drive a nice fast car, do something that I love to do for a living instead of work, have a wonderful wife & child, have more money than I can spend, travel the world for free?.......................Wait a minute, I've done all that already!

What else could I have done if I had never smoked??

it's really wonderful to watch my father choking and gasping for breath with his COPD.

I can't think of a more delightful way to pass my time than to watch him wheeze and cough, after 60 years of his smoking and working in filthy environments like steelworks etc. ( :roll: )

(I'm not saying the smoking alone was the cause of my dad's COPD, but that it, combined with the filthy working conditions certainly didn't help!)

You mean like live in a nice big house, drive a nice fast car, do something that I love to do for a living instead of work, have a wonderful wife & child, have more money than I can spend, travel the world for free?.......................Wait a minute, I've done all that already!

What else could I have done if I had never smoked??

You could've had a nicer bigger house, driven a nicer cruise controlled car, had a wife and child unaffected by passive smoking by you. Nobody travels the world for free.

Archived