Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

If you enjoy it (or anything else) then what more benefits does it need ?

Smoking is one of the many things that doesn't do you any good, but people enjoy it, some people would rather risk a shorter happier life than a longer more misserable life where you deny yourself everything thats "bad for you", and then you might still drop dead from cancer.

Doesn't do you any good?

That's a little bit of an understatement.

Smoking is one of the many things that doesn't do you any good, but people enjoy it, some people would rather risk a shorter happier life than a longer more misserable life where you deny yourself everything thats "bad for you", and then you might still drop dead from cancer.

What a silly assumption to make, that a short life is happier than a long life because in your opinion everything that is good for you makes you miserable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulgarian

Doesn't do you any good?

That's a little bit of an understatement.

Bulgarians just trolloing as usual, nobody can be that daft.

if it's that bloody smashing and you are such a pro smoker why quit??

Because I have become a dad. I don't want my son to see my smoking. Plus, your supposed to wash your hands after every cigarette & stay away from the baby for about an hour. It's too much bother smoking now.

I still love it though, But same as everything thats bad for you, you have to do it in moderation & I've smoked for 15 years. Time to call it a day, been there, done that!

What a silly assumption to make, that a short life is happier than a long life because in your opinion everything that is good for you makes you miserable.

Whats silly about that comment? It makes perfect sense to me!

Not everyone wants the same from life do they?

I don't want a nicer, bigger house. If I wanted one I could get one. I drive the car of my dreams already, don't want another one. My wife & child are unaffected by my smoking, because I stopped when he was born & my wife stopped years ago, I never smoke in the house, car, or anywhere that could affect her by passive smoking & my manager pays for me to travel.

So you're trying to claim that you have everything you could possibly want, and that the opportunity cost of £5 a day for 15 years was nothing. You've given up, compromised and slightly settled for less on absolutely nothing for the approx £27k you've spent on cigarettes.

Everyone has to make their choices about how to spend their disposable, so fair enough, maybe you think it was good value.

Your posts are confusing me a little, you are obviously aware of the dangers and risks of smoking, hence your reason for giving up, your child yet you are really smug about the fact that a man smoked and drank all his life and made it 100?

And who ever said they would rather risk a shoter life to smoke, are you insane? Have you ever had the pleasure of caring for somebody you love, dying from a smoking related illness?? They certainly don't die happier because they enjoyed smoking, is that the lasting memory you would like to leave your family with??

You're making the silly assumptions, where did I say any of that ?

(I don't smoke BTW, but I used to)

Archived