Non smokers, stick that in your pipe & smoke it!

Your posts are confusing me a little, you are obviously aware of the dangers and risks of smoking, hence your reason for giving up, your child yet you are really smug about the fact that a man smoked and drank all his life and made it 100?

And who ever said they would rather risk a shoter life to smoke, are you insane? Have you ever had the pleasure of caring for somebody you love, dying from a smoking related illness?? They certainly don't die happier because they enjoyed smoking, is that the lasting memory you would like to leave your family with??

No, I havent, but my wifes step mum died of a form of dementia, nothing to do with smoking. It was a very slow (over 10 years) death.

Everyone has <REMOVED> to deal with in their life.

Why can't I be smug & happy that this old man lived to 100 & smoked like a chimney every day?? What's wrong with that? It's rock n roll! Too many people are in your face with their healthy lifestyles these days.

It's a funny thing this smoking malarky, I managed to resist walking across motorways, pot-holing, mountaineering, free-fall parachute jumping and deep sea diving, but thought nothing of smoking 25/30 cigarettes a day. :loopy:

Anyone that has never smoked hasn't got a clue why smokers smoke, unfortunately they appear to think themselves experts on the subject. I haven't smoked for five months, and all that I can say is the plus points of not smoking very much outweigh those gained by smoking. Nicotine has a calming effect and is a very effective pain killer, other than for that it's a very dirty, unpleasant, unhealthy and expensive habit. :gag:

I'm certain that I will never smoke again, I am so proud to have kicked the habit that I would feel like a cheat if I started again. :thumbsup:

I've smoked a few times, and each time I've thought it to be an abhorrent experience. What I don't understand is how someone can possibly do it for the first time and then think its good! It causes you to have a bad cough, you stink, your teeth become yellow and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.

If someone walked into the office with pungent garlic breath and severe body odour issues then people would complain, yet it seems acceptable to walk in stinking of fags.

I've smoked a few times, and each time I've thought it to be an abhorrent experience. What I don't understand is how someone can possibly do it for the first time and then think its good! It causes you to have a bad cough, you stink, your teeth become yellow and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.

If someone walked into the office with pungent garlic breath and severe body odour issues then people would complain, yet it seems acceptable to walk in stinking of fags.

Beam back to the 1960's and it appeared that everyone smoked, a cigarette was a fashion item in those days, even James Bond smoked.

Allen Carr always insisted that there are no positives to smoking- a view which is obviously useful to anyone quitting, as, if they believe there are some benefits, that can have an insiduous effect on their resolve to quit.

Concerning the calming/relaxing/stress relieving effects of nicotine, he pointed out that the uncalm/stressed state is actually caused by the nicotine in the first place (notice how, in general, smokers tend to be more stressed than non-smokers).

The stress relieved by a cigarette is basically caused in the first place by the cigarettes.

This is an absolute fact.

I have always has a bad habit of cutting myself whilst shaving, however when I was still smoking I never felt it, I do know, as was the case with the septic stick, I now hit the bathroon ceiling on application.

My optician was a bit sceptical about my ability to read a number plate at 20m2, it's not a problem now, and the wife is constantly having to turn up the volume of the tv, from what I have set it at.

The bad news is that the pain level from me dreaded Tendonitis has increased, but looking on the bright side, with stopping smoking I should be in pain for longer. :rolleyes:

Archived