Christian sacrilege

Is this your question? I didn't answer it because I couldn't see where my ancestors came into it. We were talking about the actions of old time British Governments. And I can't really answer it because my stance is neutral, as I personally had zero input into anything.

Although I can't say I have pride in my ancestors, I have respect for them, if merely for surviving and rearing progeny, given the living conditions of the past. Every survivor was a minor miracle. I don't know whether I have occasion for shame, because other than the earlier two generations, I have no personal knowledge of them. And I have no shame in anything I know of my parents and grandparents, but a great respect for their endurance and achievements, given the odds stacked against them in their day.

Thanks for that, good answer :thumbsup:

welcome to the forum tony!! it seems you can only have an opinion after a set period,(??) i look forward to hearing your views in due course.

I'm familiar with how forums work. It's not like they're a new phenomenon. I'm also familiar that post count can stand for a few things. Especially the paranoia levels of the user.

Do you expect modern day Germans to constantly apologise the war or shall we all just get on with it and forgive? It's in the past and the only time it should be brought up is really on anniversaries or when teaching that it should never happen again. Suggesting people be ashamed or proud of everything done is just pointless and it gets us nowhere.

I strongly object to that last part of your post. You know nothing of me and have posted something provocative on a public forum, it is that we are discussing not your past. So long as you had served your time, who am I to judge? You should not make others out to be as judgemental as you are.

there is still shame in germany over the war i think, think its mainly why in later years they actually brought in laws banning things nazi related.

i have a list of records on rock o rama records and quite a lot of the white power ones (including our very own skrewdriver) say banned in germany

there is still shame in germany over the war i think, think its mainly why in later years they actually brought in laws banning things nazi related.

i have a list of records on rock o rama records and quite a lot of the white power ones (including our very own skrewdriver) say banned in germany

Yes they have got rid of a lot of right wing extremist groups but I don't demand that Germans be ashamed of their past. It wasn't the fault of the German masses. Same as this thread subject is not the fault of modern day British citizens.

I imagine we differ wildly in our opinions of the world. I think it's sometimes better to remember our past but move on. We won't get anywhere if we have to constantly apportion pride and shame to our actions.

I'm familiar with how forums work. It's not like they're a new phenomenon.I'm also familiar that post count can stand for a few things. Especially the paranoia levels of the user.
Or high forum use as an avoidance technique for actually doing anything useful? ;)

Welcome to SF btw, I hadn't noticed you were a noob, just thought you were maybe a quiet type.

Or high forum use as an avoidance technique for actually doing anything useful? ;)

Welcome to SF btw, I hadn't noticed you were a noob, just thought you were maybe a quiet type.

I can be both. I'm trying to stop smoking and find just hammering away at the keyboard is helping. I'm a noob to this site but use many forums for many of my interests. Never knew Sheffield had such a large one. Thanks for the welcome. I was beginning to think I might not be welcome.

Yes they have got rid of a lot of right wing extremist groups but I don't demand that Germans be ashamed of their past. It wasn't the fault of the German masses. Same as this thread subject is not the fault of modern day British citizens.

I imagine we differ wildly in our opinions of the world. I think it's sometimes better to remember our past but move on. We won't get anywhere if we have to constantly apportion pride and shame to our actions.

nowhere have i mentioned i want us to apologise for acts of the past.

just accept weve done crap int he past and not to think were so high and mighty as some on here seem to bang on about daily.

as i said some on here want the pride of being british but seem to not bother about the shame, you cant have one without the other they come as a package

come on rubes you above all people must have also seen the HIGH concentration on this forum of right wingers that have rejoined under new names almost on a daily basis, its a wee bit more than paranoia.......or even avoidence.

strangely ive yet to notice any left wingers under assumed names tho :suspect:

Archived