Iran Reactor Worm

The Y2K glitch would be as nothing to this kind of thing.

Viruses and worms etc eat into operating systems, and spread rapidly from one machine to another.

Most people like you and me, can get rid of the simple ones easy enough.

But it requires top experts to get rid of the major ones, and they are few and far afield.

If someone was clever enough to make one that would transmit straightaway, by the time our top men were on to it, it would be too late.

plus viruses can use thousands (millions) of other computers

the y2k glitch couldve been thousands (millions) of computers but all seperately

plus viruses can use thousands (millions) of other computers

the y2k glitch couldve been thousands (millions) of computers but all seperately

I remember some bloke speculating that every thing with a processor would be effected, ranging from nuclear power stations to home appliances. Anyway it's all besides the point as the Y2K bug is old history.

I remember some bloke speculating that every thing with a processor would be effected, ranging from nuclear power stations to home appliances. Anyway it's all besides the point as the Y2K bug is old history.

yeah with the y2k bug they "thought" various things could go wrong in lots of places causes chaos

BUT

with a virus the author can get it to do whatever he wants....which again is different, plus then theres plenty of experienced virus writers / hackers both white hats and BLACK hats out there to recruit from

Yes but the Stutnex Worm is a new thing.

I have been told it only affects PC's attached to industrial machinery presently.

But how long before it evolves to affect all industrial machinery?

Do any of our experts on here know?

Archived