Wellington pub - 78 Macro Street revisited

stazzarobs

I have seen the post on here about this property and I have noted the details, however I am trying to find out about later relatives of Ma Easy (nee Brookes) who owned the above property. I am trying to find out about her daughter Jean Nelson b 1930 and married Louis Borg and had two children with him, she then became Mrs Nolan and had two more children, though I have not found a marriage reg for her, he was called James Joseph Nolan, Sadly Jean passed away many years ago so it is not possible to find the information from her. I understand that both these men were boarders at Macro Street when it was a boarding house and wondered if any one knew if of them or even Jean Nelson. I understand from family history that they were both ex service man any help would be great. I am also trying to find photos of the pub as there does not seem to be any on the net or on picture Sheffield :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

My grandad owned The Wellington pub on Macro street,probably 1920's, his name was AAron Beever. I have a photo of him his wife and daughter. Julia in the doorway. Their is no date on it but it's in 'Sepia'.Obviously this is earlier than the period you are trying to locate.Just interesting.!!

• 4 months later...
Do you have any photos where you can see the pub as I am unable to find any on picture Sheffield. I have ordered the book from Amazon thank you. i will search on the Sheffield indexers for George Nelson. Thank you for the help

The book is being reissued as a paperback by DB Books of Derby.

Archived