Speeding in France

Acorns

It costs no more than the price of a computer search and a stamp. Of course the choice is yours as to whether to pay or ignore. If you don't plan on going back to France ever,then ignore it. But if you do intend to return,I would pay up.By the time you do return it could be more than a fine!
They don't even go to the trouble, that's what Im saying. We don't chase anyone off the continent either, too much trouble with little results.

It costs no more than the price of a computer search and a stamp. Of course the choice is yours as to whether to pay or ignore. If you don't plan on going back to France ever,then ignore it. But if you do intend to return,I would pay up.By the time you do return it could be more than a fine!

Not quite. Penalties awarded in one EU state are enforceable in another. You could find that you have to tell a British Magistrate why you ignored it.

As others have posted, they don't often bother to chase people up, but during the past couple of years a number of Brits have found that they were invited to pay speeding fines by the French Police before they were allowed to board the ferry home. Those who decide to answer to a court are invited to arrange accommodation (at their own expense) in Calais and their vehicle is returned to them after the case has been heard.

Not France but I got flashed in Holland back in 2006.

I received a penalty notice which I decided to ignore but after receiving another notice with an increased penalty I decided to pay it. I received no further notices.

Then in June this year while going through customs at Scipol Airport I was pulled to one side and told I had an outstanding penalty. To be fair to them they allowed me through once I had told them I had paid and gave me a number to contact once I had returned to the UK.

I travel to Holland once a year and the 2 previous times I got through no problem.

Archived