Angry at schools dictatorship/need advice.

norks

Bringing in human rights is not ridiculous at all, they are inalienable rights, they apply to children too.

When I was at school I did not get changed in the changing rooms, I was given sole use of the gym, Right to privacy.

When ordered to do detention, they were ignored under article 9.

If the school wanted me to do extra time to fulfill their order they would pay me for it, they never did, and never enforced any detentions.

What's the name of this society that you talk about?

When did you go to school? This sounds very strange to me. I can only say that any kid who performed like that at my school would have had a pasting. No I am not condoning that either but we know what kids are like.

The society I talk about is called Britain and its sub section of South Yorkshire.

To my understanding when a child is in school he is in the care of the school. I am yet to hear of the human rights act being used in school apart from your case of course which sounds very fishy to me. Paid to do extra time? Bizarre.

in what sense ?

Kids that go in uniforms on that day are ridiculed so parents feel pressure to pay.

This is the reason why they justify uniforms because they don't want kids in designer clothes and have kids that can't afford them fee outsiders and have a divide in the school.

Their reasoning is flawed as they are causing exclusion and difference on these days.

I agree with your point regarding why uniform is worn and can see what you are getting at.

But think this is a different topic.

I was referring to parents and pupils complying with rules.

Yes, the facts are.

Parent can afford to buy authorised PT shirt but will not purchase one from the school as a matter of principle.

Child is not allowed to take part in PT lesson as they are not dressed in the approved clothing.

School provides the pupil with an authorised shirt.

Yes and either bills the parent or asks for evidence of low income so they're eligible for the hardship fund/school uniform vouchers etc.

I agree with your point regarding why uniform is worn and can see what you are getting at.

But think this is a different topic.

I was referring to parents and pupils complying with rules.

I agree but...

If I could not afford the pound and sought to keep the child at home then where would we be at ?

I feel that a move like that would be no better than them detaining children, so it has relevance.

When did you go to school? This sounds very strange to me. I can only say that any kid who performed like that at my school would have had a pasting. No I am not condoning that either but we know what kids are like.

The society I talk about is called Britain and its sub section of South Yorkshire.

To my understanding when a child is in school he is in the care of the school. I am yet to hear of the human rights act being used in school apart from your case of course which sounds very fishy to me. Paid to do extra time? Bizarre.

St Johns School Junior School, 1988-1990, aged 10 I would get changed in the boys toilets instead of the changing rooms.

Teachers did question and tried to enforce the "you must change in the changing rooms" rule, right to privacy was claimed and teacher pointed out "shouldn't you be using the cubicles then as anyone can walk in here and see you changing", henceforth a cubicle was used for the remainder of school.

1990-1992 Firth Park School, same as before, boys toilets cubicle.

1992-1993 Myrtle Springs school, sole use of gym.

1993-1993 Waltheof, boys toilets cubicle.

Normally detentions are given by order, orders come with a bill, bills need to be paid.

Simple really.

They won't dish out detention if they think it will cost them, the odd teacher will try tna, you have the right to travel right on out of there, and decline the order if they are not willing to pay the bill.

You sound like you resent children or youth full stop. Let people get on with bringing there kids up how they see fit, like its been said, its not a dictatorship and its reasonable now a days to expect your rights are respected.

Schools today are power hungry like any corporate organisation, its dog eat dog and children are just like a commodity.

I don't resent kids but I have seen the ugly differences between how my friends and I were and how a lot of kids today are. Arguing with parents and teachers, calling then names in anger as they get out of their dads taxi. Kids wailing about being forced to eat food they don't like as if they can have ice cream 3 times a day.

People can bring up their kids how they see fit but what if they are useless parents who produce spoilt brats because they keep telling them that they are 'special' or go mad over every perceived slight at school?

Well I have several teacher friends and have not heard about this corporatisation but I am open to persuasion. They just say they have problems with kids falling asleep in class then the parent saying "well he needs his sleep" or kids with eczma conditions on their hands and the parents shrugging their shoulders or other kids thinking they are 'best' because mummykins told told her she is a princess. It's quite disturbing.

Does this society of "Britain and it's sub section of south Yorkshire" have a website I can find out more about, it's a new one to me.

Most societies have a dedicated website to tell you what it's all about.

St Johns School Junior School, 1988-1990, aged 10 I would get changed in the boys toilets instead of the changing rooms.

Teachers did question and tried to enforce the "you must change in the changing rooms" rule, right to privacy was claimed and teacher pointed out "shouldn't you be using the cubicles then as anyone can walk in here and see you changing", henceforth a cubicle was used for the remainder of school.

1990-1992 Firth Park School, same as before, boys toilets cubicle.

1992-1993 Myrtle Springs school, sole use of gym.

1993-1993 Waltheof, boys toilets cubicle.

Normally detentions are given by order, orders come with a bill, bills need to be paid.

Simple really.

They won't dish out detention if they think it will cost them, the odd teacher will try tna, you have the right to travel right on out of there, and decline the order if they are not willing to pay the bill.

Shortly after me then but you sound like you were in a different country. Why seek privacy? Did it matter if anyone saw you? In my non 'progressive' school if you were given detention you did it, no bills or money involved. However I guess none of the 'silly' parents at my school challenged their kids being disciplined. Parents and teachers should be united under the simple idea of rules are obeyed or punishment follows. We were told that when we were adults we could challenge authority. I don't see the benefit of kids learning that everything is up for questioning. But I don't believe that schools are evil factories or that the MMR jab is state control or Jamie Oliver is stupid to suggest eating food at school instead of excreta.

Archived