Angry at schools dictatorship/need advice.

norks

I was on the arse end of capitol punishment in school, some had canes still from the year or so it was frowned on, most still slippered you of threw board rubbers at your head. Im not sure if we were more behaved, more respect yes, but we still messed about and played up ect. Like we had more slack then than what they get now though in my opinion. They replaced punishment with loads of rules in hope it would replace it. Now its rules overload and no way of really enforcing them.

I for one like all parents my age say they need more discipline in schools so we are not the mamby pamby parents we are made out, but there's too much bureaucracy now a days.

Like I said I think its because they have lost the way of moral teaching and its far harder to get through than say a failure in maths because its about attitude and education to some degree is about repetition of learning, how can you get people to do that if they are not accustomed to it ?

I think they should have Christian values structured into the curriculum without all the faith stuff that goes along with it.

I have skipped to the end so this may have already been raised but do you have a copy of their policy in writing? Have you asked for them to write down why your son was given detention? Then it will be less easy for them to wriggle if the pressure is applied.

am going to go into school tomorrow and get it written down.

You know if you carry on like this I will want to go out for a pint with you :D

Actually your not such a ******* **** after all ;)

Thanks, words minus voice or face can be more aggressive than intended. I know I may come across as Von Trapp in The Sound of Music but I do actually like kids. I suppose I am looking for a fixed pole of standards in society. It all seems so post modern and relative these days but am no expert and am open to persuasion. I suppose we all judge schools by the one we went to and mine was pretty balanced and think it would meet with your approval. It did give us moral ideas though was not particularly religious.

I was on the arse end of capitol punishment in school, some had canes still from the year or so it was frowned on, most still slippered you of threw board rubbers at your head. Im not sure if we were more behaved, more respect yes, but we still messed about and played up ect. Like we had more slack then than what they get now though in my opinion. They replaced punishment with loads of rules in hope it would replace it. Now its rules overload and no way of really enforcing them.

I for one like all parents my age say they need more discipline in schools so we are not the mamby pamby parents we are made out, but there's too much bureaucracy now a days.

Like I said I think its because they have lost the way of moral teaching and its far harder to get through than say a failure in maths because its about attitude and education to some degree is about repetition of learning, how can you get people to do that if they are not accustomed to it ?

I think they should have Christian values structured into the curriculum without all the faith stuff that goes along with it.

I hope that you mean corporal and not capital.:o

I hope that you mean corporal and not capital.:o
:hihi: yes I think, it was punishment in school, so which ever one fits the bill :)

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, I forgot the word for it. Im still not sure capitol is it but it sounds better.

See if those teachers weren't beating the crap out of me I would have learnt the difference :P

My son recently started a new school and was given a list of things he would need.

I refused to pay the ten pound partly because i thought it was a rip off and partly because of the sheer unfairness of it.

Well diddums, toss your rattle out of the pram and scream.

Try being in a poor country where education has to be bought and, if you don't strictly keep to school rules, you get kicked out.

Hell's bells, free education with all the bells and whistles and you moan about a T shirt. I know kids who have to work at 12 years old because their family don't have the cash to give them an education.

Yet another selfish thread displaying low understanding of a lot.

Well diddums, toss your rattle out of the pram and scream. Try being in a poor country where education has to be bought and, if you don't strictly keep to school rules, you get kicked out.

Hell's bells, free education with all the bells and whistles and you moan about a T shirt. I know kids who have to work at 12 years old because their family don't have the cash to give them an education.

Yet another selfish thread displaying low understanding of a lot.

Oh, the irony! If you're on a low income in the UK, benefits or unemployed, and having to buy a PE shirt at a grossly inflated price, what might be do-able if you have one child, becomes problematic when you have three or maybe four.

The OP is making a point and I agree with it. If the school had a monopoly which enable them to reduce parental expenses by matching the market traders price, that would be ok. Jacking the price up to benefit the school, that not ok.

What I also don't agree with is the children being punished because their parents are poor. Schools are there to teach the children, not deprive or punish them because they don't have a stupid school logo on a shirt that's worn probably once or twice a week for an hour. Ridiculous.

Archived