Angry at schools dictatorship/need advice.

norks

Ah, I disagree with certain upbringing methods so I am wrong. Fine. And no I am not a parent so my views are completely invalid, fine.

I have seen enough kids with superiority complexes who want special treatment and don't understand why they are being disciplined outside the home because sharp elbowed pushy parents have convinced them they are brilliant and great at everything. The older versions are seen on the X Factor who have clearly been told they are wonderful by mummy and daddykins and are visibly gobsmacked to learn they are not.

As for my own possible future kids I would like you teach them to question everything. However I would also say there is a limit e.g. if you can't win support then your views can't be right as in the democratic principle. Not you are right and everyone else is stupid. I would give credit where it's due and criticism where not to keep them in reality. I would never tell them they are special as they need to know they live in a society, not that the world revolves around them.

As for you your principles are fine but I think you are taking it to extremes but that's your choice and choice is so important isn't it?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I have got to laugh because you are so far off the mark its real, i totally agree about the parents who raise arrogant kids who think they are right all the time but i think you should meet my son, then you will understand why i am laughing. :hihi: :hihi:

Ps. choice is important!

Well I am no upbringing expert and am reacting to brats I have met who don't like eating veg so kick and scream until their parents allow them to leave them or others who think/thought they were great at a sport when they were clearly not because their daft dad had told them they were Beckham.

Your son sounds fine to me, I'm thinking in broad brush strokes about the various kids and parents I have seen. I support your tenacious approach to principle too but think a ten quid shirt is a non issue unless you represent the majority.

If it were up to me everyone would go to the nearest school and hospital and they would all be exactly the same. Each would have centres of excellence within as opposed to dunce schools and academies in which militant middle class farts kill each other to get their kids in. Brighton council caused outrage when they introduced a lottery for school places. The town worthies could not believe that ordinary kids were allowed to go to the better schools in place of their Tarquins.

Ah, I disagree with certain upbringing methods so I am wrong. Fine. And no I am not a parent so my views are completely invalid, fine.

I have seen enough kids with superiority complexes who want special treatment and don't understand why they are being disciplined outside the home because sharp elbowed pushy parents have convinced them they are brilliant and great at everything. The older versions are seen on the X Factor who have clearly been told they are wonderful by mummy and daddykins and are visibly gobsmacked to learn they are not.

As for my own possible future kids I would like you teach them to question everything. However I would also say there is a limit e.g. if you can't win support then your views can't be right as in the democratic principle. Not you are right and everyone else is stupid. I would give credit where it's due and criticism where not to keep them in reality. I would never tell them they are special as they need to know they live in a society, not that the world revolves around them.

As for you your principles are fine but I think you are taking it to extremes but that's your choice and choice is so important isn't it?

I was not going to add to this thread but feel i must as it seems to me you are implying that norks is a pushy parent who thinks her kids are better than anyone elses.

This is not the case.

Norks's son is one of the most polite, level headed and grounded kids i know, he does have issues with autism/aspergers but this in no way refects on his character. he is a pleasure to be around and for once( not having kids myself) i can hold an intelligent conversation with him.

however, his obsession with certain things and rules drives me nuts.

Don't know how you cope with it sometimes steph and you deserve a medal :D

Well I am no upbringing expert and am reacting to brats I have met who don't like eating veg so kick and scream until their parents allow them to leave them or others who think/thought they were great at a sport when they were clearly not because their daft dad had told them they were Beckham.

Your son sounds fine to me, I'm thinking in broad brush strokes about the various kids and parents I have seen. I support your tenacious approach to principle too but think a ten quid shirt is a non issue unless you represent the majority.

If it were up to me everyone would go to the nearest school and hospital and they would all be exactly the same. Each would have centres of excellence within as opposed to dunce schools and academies in which militant middle class farts kill each other to get their kids in. Brighton council caused outrage when they introduced a lottery for school places. The town worthies could not believe that ordinary kids were allowed to go to the better schools in place of their Tarquins.

Agreed :D:D

I was not going to add to this thread but feel i must as it seems to me you are implying that norks is a pushy parent who thinks her kids are better than anyone elses.

This is not the case.

Norks's son is one of the most polite, level headed and grounded kids i know, he does have issues with autism/aspergers but this in no way refects on his character. he is a pleasure to be around and for once( not having kids myself) i can hold an intelligent conversation with him.

however, his obsession with certain things and rules drives me nuts.

Don't know how you cope with it sometimes steph and you deserve a medal :D

:love: Awwww thanks hun,

He can get a bit obsessive can't he but i like his kookiness :hihi:

Is english your first language? To me individual means unique, show me an original person with a unique thought or act in this day and age. If everyone is an individual then everyone is the same and therefore not individual. I sense I am dealing with the kind of parent who tells their kids they are special.

What a ridiculous notion.Is English my first language!!!!

Again as I said before your post makes no sense."If everyone is an individual then everyone is the same and therefore not individual":help:

I tell my kids that they have to get on with their life, work very hard; gain their independence but express their individuality: show respect to others and when they dont tow the line they get told to do so.

As a non parent I cant see how you could have a problem with that.

Listen up!

You obviously think you have the secret and key to unlocking everything that is wrng with the world and thats great but go and shove it down someone elses throat.

you obvioulsy seem to to know everything about kids as well including mine which is well out of town.

How dare you say that i am doing this with selfish intent, what do you know about me or my child?

would it surprise you to know that he has above average intelligence and is highly articulate?

He knows what is right from wrong and damn right i will teach him to challenge something he does not like.

It is not about revoting against the school, it is about standing up and having his voice heard and my money would be on the underdog EVERYTIME.

I will give you an example...

A few months ago whislt he was out playing with his mates one of the kids fathers stormed up to the group and started having a go at one of them about an incident which had happened in school early that day. My son knew that the father was targeting his agression towards the wrong child so politely said.

"Excuse me Sir, but what you are saying is wrong i was there and X kid started on Y kid and etc etc etc"

The guy told my son to "Shut his face" and asked who is dad was so he could come round and tell him what a "<REMOVED>" he had a got for a son.

my son replied by telling him that his father had died some years before and it was just him and his mother to which the guy replied.

" Well i am glad your dad is dead, you <REMOVED> dont deserve a dad and he would be ashamed of you"

This reduced my son to tears and hurt him deeply but rather than just forget about it or back mouth the bloke, he waited until he had said what he had to say and left. He gathered his thoughts the knocked on the door of this bloke and asked for an apology because he DID NOT LIKE what the guy had said.

So should he have just taken that kind of abuse?

Was he right to question the mans actions and ask for an apology?

I think in your eyes he should have just taken it and kept his mouth shut because he is just a kid who has no voice and o rights, well let me tell you this pal...in my house things are run different and if you do not like something you question it EVERY DAMN TIME and you keep questioning it until you get a suitible answer.

At least i know that both my boys will grow knowing they have rights and knowing they have the freedom to question ANYTHING.

You keep breeding silence into your kids and then sit back and watch as people walk all over them because they have never been taught to fight for what they believe in. Just leave me to raise mine they way I see fit :rant:

You should be very proud of your son for acting in the way he did.

Archived