Angry at schools dictatorship/need advice.

norks

What a ridiculous notion.Is English my first language!!!!

Again as I said before your post makes no sense."If everyone is an individual then everyone is the same and therefore not individual":help:

I tell my kids that they have to get on with their life, work very hard; gain their independence but express their individuality: show respect to others and when they dont tow the line they get told to do so.

As a non parent I cant see how you could have a problem with that.

I don't, that sounds good. I wanted to be an individual in my youth as part of the Kurt Cobain tribe. I guess I'm saying individualism exists in microcosm but not when you step back and look at the world. More a philosophical argument than a personal one. Obviously there is the individual and the state or the mob, it depends on perspectives.

I think this thread has got way off the initial topic and any futre posts should be directed only at the parents stand against buying a shirt from the school.

I am still awaiting a response from school as to how they have broken the prices down.

Some how i think i am going to be waiting a long time :rolleyes:

I am still awaiting a response from school as to how they have broken the prices down.

Some how i think i am going to be waiting a long time :rolleyes:

As I've got older I seem to think to myself, is it worth the hassle arguing about things I would have done when I was younger.

As I've got older I seem to think to myself, is it worth the hassle arguing about things I would have done when I was younger.

I can see why the OP is concerned about this and it may well be that the pricing of the logoed items will be reviewed as a result which will be of benefit to all the parents, however, I choose my battles carefully, especially when dealing with my kids' schools. If I ever have (which hopefully I won't) a serious concern I would hate to be dismissed as so and so's trouble maker of a mother.

Well i think its worth the hassle if it helps just one other parent.

I can see why the OP is concerned about this and it may well be that the pricing of the logoed items will be reviewed as a result which will be of benefit to all the parents, however, I choose my battles carefully, especially when dealing with my kids' schools. If I ever have (which hopefully I won't) a serious concern I would hate to be dismissed as so and so's trouble maker of a mother.

I see your point suffragette, but i think this is a serious concern and tbh i have been called a lot worse than a trouble making mother lol

Well i think its worth the hassle if it helps just one other parent.

I see your point suffragette, but i think this is a serious concern and tbh i have been called a lot worse than a trouble making mother lol

Fair enough and I wish you luck.

As relevant or irrelevant as yours

As you don't care for children (as you stated) then your opinions are as valid as a walnut's:thumbsup:.

unless you're special?

As in "had responsibility for the upbringing of children"? Then yes, I must be:D.

The only fair thing that the school can do in this situation is to exclude the child. The mother is being stubborn, and it isn't fair to blame the child, so send the child home and let the mother decide if she wants to make alternative provisions.

Some Sheffield schools are pretty awful, and having very strict rules, particularly with regard to uniforms seems to help improve things.

and of what benefit would that be to anyone :loopy:

Archived