Angry at schools dictatorship/need advice.

norks

I am sure the parent was informed of uniform prices before their child attended the school.

Yes i was and i had a problem with it then.

It is monopoly to only allow themelves to be the sole supplier of the stock and to price the item as high as they like without giving the parent a choice of whether they purchase it or not.

The poster can afford to pay though.

However, it is a state school and one that is not in one of the more affluent parts of Sheffield. They're obviously looking to have a big profit margin on the items which can only be purchased from the school. Do they have a second hand shop/scheme, I wonder?

Have you questioned the school on the prices and where the profits are being used ?

I attempted to question them this morning and they said that is the way it is, i then declared that my son would then not being doing PE until i had resolved the situation only to be told that PE is a compulsory subject and i would be in trouble if i did not send him.

goto the market in crystal peaks they do school clothes with most if not all the school logo's for sheffield schools on them at a cheaper price, we always buy our sons clothes from there

I didn't know about the existence of this place. At my daughter's primary school, uniform is optional as are items with the school logo. I bought a mix of logo stuff (from the school) and plain tops.

It does seem outrageous and not to mention very calculated to refuse this market to stock the school's logoed items.

I attempted to question them this morning and they said that is the way it is, i then declared that my son would then not being doing PE until i had resolved the situation only to be told that PE is a compulsory subject and i would be in trouble if i did not send him.

Then I suggest it's time to involve the police. To my eyes this is blackmail and extortion.

Archived