NICE to pay people to stop smoking and eating to much

sandie

How is this enforcable? How does a person prove they have stopped smoking? With this and the creeping acceptance of larger clothes sizes, particularly for children the centre of gravity is moving to the abnormal. Obesity, smokers and teenage pregnancies are all wrong. The idea of saving NHS money in the future is a good one but bribing people to behave themselves repulses me.

You go to the stop smoking clinic for a few weeks and tell them so, they give you a certificate. A few old dears I know did this, as they didn't want to make the stop smoking instructor feel bad.

NICE will not give the ok to let people have new drugs, but they are now thinking of giving cash to stop smoking and eating healthfully.

I do not understand their line of thought.

Who is responcable for this shower of idiots.

Not if they cost huge amounts of money and have only a minimal impact on quality of life or life expectancy - and quite rightly so.

As a smoker I find this idea bloody stupid.

Pay me £1K and lose out on £3k in tax per year, and probably even more seeing as the price always increases above inflation.

When I live longer, pay me more pension, and give me more help to live in my old age. When I begin to die that bit later on, keep paying money to keep me alive when there is no point.

Brilliant plan :hihi::loopy:

Not if they cost huge amounts of money and have only a minimal impact on quality of life or life expectancy - and quite rightly so.

Maybe we could substitute their fags for clinically clean heroin, after all your constantly reminding us of how good it is for you.

You go to the stop smoking clinic for a few weeks and tell them so, they give you a certificate. A few old dears I know did this, as they didn't want to make the stop smoking instructor feel bad.

Isn't this wide open to abuse by the shameless class? "I'll just stick a mint in and tell em I quit and get paid innit?"

Archived