NICE to pay people to stop smoking and eating to much

sandie

Isn't this wide open to abuse by the shameless class? "I'll just stick a mint in and tell em I quit and get paid innit?"

Or really do quit for two weeks if a breathing test is involved, then start again. I've seen plenty of people quit weed for a month for an upcoming drugs test.

Ka-ching!

It's pretty simple, you pay them to stop doing things now that will cost much more in the future.

And what next pay people not to drive, not to do sports, not to have children,not to take drugs, not to go to the pub for a drink or visit your doctor.

I am getting close to 60, I drink and smoke and have never been to the hospital or a doctor, because of drink and smoking. I have paid my NI from the age of 16= 44 years and I feel that the argument this will save the NHS IS RUBBISH.

I am getting close to 60, I drink and smoke and have never been to the hospital or a doctor, because of drink and smoking. I have paid my NI from the age of 16= 44 years and I feel that the argument this will save the NHS IS RUBBISH.

The plural of anecdote is not data. It's a known fact that smoking- and drinking-related illnesses, and obesity-related problems, cost the NHS a vast amount of money - even if none of it was actually spent on you.

The plural of anecdote is not data. It's a known fact that smoking- and drinking-related illnesses, and obesity-related problems, cost the NHS a vast amount of money - even if none of it was actually spent on you.

There is actually an £8million annual surplus on smoking due to the massive duty paid on cigarettes. Having taken into account the NHS costs and all there is still that massive surplus. Smokers die younger too and so do not get as much pension.

So if we all lived without smoking and drinking and had healthy foods the hospitals would be empty and we would save a boat load of money.

What would the Nurses, Doctors and the rest of the staff have to do. So when we have no addmitions we let staff go then when we get a Majax we have no staff.

I would like to see what the percentage of thease people you identify are responcable for the NHS costs

So if we all lived without smoking and drinking and had healthy foods the hospitals would be empty and we would save a boat load of money.

What would the Nurses, Doctors and the rest of the staff have to do. So when we have no addmitions we let staff go then when we get a Majax we have no staff.

I would like to see what the percentage of thease people you identify are responcable for the NHS costs

Do you think we should just not bother at all then? Being reactive with health is always more expensive than proactive.

Archived