8,500 on the line

Not wishing to say you are incorrect, but which teachers work for 60 hours a week?

I spent 25 years living next door to a teacher, and she was ALWAYS home before I got home from work and spent most of her time either watching the TV far too loud or outside in the garden.

She left after I left, and arrived back before I got back. It hardly seems like the same cruel working practices you make out.

I can counter your 'my personal annecdote is indicative of all teachers' point by saying I retired from teaching in my 30's because I was working 60 hours a week or more.

Next.

or even punctuation ... ;)

I'd just comment that the Leader of the Council is not the employer of the council workers. That would be the Chief Executive, afaik. I'm sure that no-one is happy with the prospect of having to cut services and staff to the bone like this. Although if it proves necessary in the end, most of it should be able to be covered by natural wastage.

Put the blame where it really lies, with the last Labour Government and Mr Prudence Brown.

Even if want to blame the last Government for the need for the cuts, it doesn't mean you have to behave like scum when making the cuts. You can behave with compassion, even when laying people off. My Head of Service (who is on more than £30k would and could)

Oh, John Mothersole is the Chief Executive of the Council, his direct superior is Paul Scriven (well, until May, when it changes to Julie Dore, really can't see how LibDems can hold on to power in Sheffield), so Scriven is responsible for this, don't make excuses for him.

The link below suggests you would lose your bet :cool:

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6000186

You said teachers - not newly qualifed!

Check point 6 on the attached then tell me where my new house is! Is there a shower in the bathroom? Kitchen Diner or two separate rooms? I'm so excited!

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6000186

I can counter your 'my personal annecdote is indicative of all teachers' point by saying I retired from teaching in my 30's because I was working 60 hours a week or more.

Next.

You should never have been allowed to teach at such a young age.

It baffles me, when we have a population with a higher amount of elders compared to children and youth than we have ever had before, yet we have to recruit the youth to teach. :huh:

You should never have been allowed to teach at such a young age.

Is that because I had five years highly relevant experience from the private sector, a degree, a teaching qualification and excellent subject knowledge, or some other reason?

And is your comment in any way related to the thread?

It's quite a nauseating spectacle to see people gloating about ordinary workers loosing their jobs.

Greedy financiers crash the economy, and all the gutter press has to do is run propaganda stories for a few weeks about how the public service has crippled the economy and Hey presto! You get people baying for the blood of whoever it is they have been told is the enemy of the moment.

They really must have very low expectations in life if they believe council workers have it too good and should be sacked. And they've got to be pretty dim not to even recognise that it isn't even their own prejudice, but something they've picked up from the government supporting tabloids, who know exactly how to push their buttons.

Archived