Ed Miliband's Labour enjoy poll boost and are ahead of the Tories

The onions destroyed our car industry with their "workers" making shoddy cars going on wildcat strikes and being a nuisance to the public in general.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I can't believe they are as millitant and agressive as ours. They didn't destroy their motor industry. :mad:

You should try going to Scandinavia!

I stand corrected in union numbers though in France and Germany, they have fewer union members (as a %) than the UK (on some of the figures I looked at anyway), although the days lost to strikes in France, Spain and Italy at least are around double to those lost here.

Have a look at the link below. It shows the picture across Europe of unions and their actions. Interestingly it is the 3 Scandinavian countries who have the highest trade union numbers as a percentage, but have some of the fewest days lost to strikers. Perhaps it has something to do with the high standard of living?

http://www.etuc.org/IMG/pdf_TURKISH_4.pdf

His assertion that his does not believe in God will certainly sway some voters. Whether or not the net effect is an increase is yet to be seen but its refreshing to have a political leader prepared to court the atheist vote for once.

I wonder how that will fit in with his Jewish / Marxist upbringing... :suspect:

Archived