Mens aftershaves

I have used many aftershaves / eau de toilettes over the years and have found that cost isn't everthing. I drowned myself in Brut in the 70s and it seemed to be a favourite of the girls. I still always like to have some on tap and my other half is a fan.

I also have used many others but by far the greatest impact from any has been Calvin Klein's Escape. I'm a short, overweight old git but whilst using this on one occasion a very beautiful young lady, immaculately dressed followed me around a supermarkets aisles and stood at the side of me every time I stopped, she never put anything in her basket....perhaps she was a store detective, but I like to think it was the scent.

Many people have asked what scent I was wearing when using Escape, but remember skin types can alter the fragrance from one person to another.

Best tip, find one you cannot smell yourself when you wear it, seems to work.. :) :)

I think like perfume, not everyaftershave suits everyman. But here go my fav's, Hugo Boss ( can't remember the name the one shaped like a ball.) Caroline herrera 212, Cerutti 1881 and my ultimate fav Givenchy Xeryus, it's smells great!

YSL Jazz reminds me of my dad bathing in the stuff when he and my mum used to go to roxys on a saturday night when i was little!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived