My car insurance has doubled - why?

kimba

Was £600 fully comp, I still cant help but feel someone cocked up big time with your first policy, did it go through as a type R or just a standard model.

£600 quid / first policy / group 17, as I have maximum no claims I wonder if they would insure me for less than £200, I doubt it.

Maybe some1 did cockup.

I was definatley insured for a typeR and i was fully comp.

Interesting i have just done a quick quote with insure your motor and i put in as if i had just passed.

Came up at just over 1k so i edited it and put in my honest quote.

1 yr no claims was exactly the same figure :huh:.

They arent even giving me anything for the 1 year ive earnt!

Last time I had a look on the net for a quote I was offered Comprehensive insurance from as little as £154 up to in excess of £1,300 for the same level of cover. I decided to save a fortune and took the £154 policy with Direct Line Insurance. I have also got very cheap buildings and contents cover with them too which was further brought down because I had the Car Insurance too. I think its uninsured drivers and the false claimers that are putting our premiums up. Things are not helped by the courts dishing out little fines for driving without insurance. Th offenders should be hammered with massive fines or prison sentences and loss of vehicle.

Well its done now im back on the road Yipiiiiiiiiiiiiii(just come in ;)

Ended up renewing with the same company for £9.80 couldnt get it any cheaper else where and ive still got my same car after all.

Give me a wave when ya see me youll have to be quick though Vroom Vroom :P

Well its done now im back on the road Yipiiiiiiiiiiiiii(just come in ;)

Ended up renewing with the same company for £9.80 couldnt get it any cheaper else where and ive still got my same car after all.

Give me a wave when ya see me youll have to be quick though Vroom Vroom :P

Bargain of the year :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My renewal has just come through, last year it was around £43 per month, (40yr old, 1999 Megane Scenic, 4 yrs no claims), this year its ALMOST TREBLED!!!! They want £1144. :rant::mad:

Hmm, I dont think so, sonny Jim.

Been to Tesco Insurance, got it for about the same as I was paying last year, but with Protected No Claims, windscreen cover and a few more bits included.

Like they say....

Every little (DOES) help!!!

Flaming rip offs.

Archived