My car insurance has doubled - why?

kimba

Despite being an experienced driver with 9 years no claims bonus, mine's also gone up to just under £900-00 this year, which is a hefty increase on last year.

Short and curlies always springs to mind when talking car insurance.

What are you driving? I've got 10 years ncd, drive a 2.0tdi, and my insurance is £240 fully comp.

Sorry, but I think Daftlad is spot on when he talks about fake whiplash claims . I don't believe everything I see on the BBC but take a look on YouTube :

"Car insurance fraud , crash for cash" 21/8/10. That might explain a £44 increase per year , but not a doubling : I suspect a lot of sheep don't even suspect they were set up , and for those of us who do , the insurance companies can't be arsed chasing it up , it's just easier to make the motorist pay more . ( By the way , the first 4 mins of that clip are boring! You'll probably find the rest of it boring too , unless you've been personally affected )

My car insurance has doubled this year they say its due to the bad weather we had last winter and has gone up 40%.

I have tried all the internet websites spent hours on the phone with no luck.

I am now offroad and my car is up for sale as i am not paying double:roll:(well i dont want too!!!

Has anyone else suffered this:huh:

Im well peed off :(

They have worked out how good your driving is :hihi:

Archived