My car insurance has doubled - why?

kimba

My car insurance has doubled this year they say its due to the bad weather we had last winter and has gone up 40%.

I have tried all the internet websites spent hours on the phone with no luck.

I am now offroad and my car is up for sale as i am not paying double:roll:(well i dont want too!!!

Has anyone else suffered this:huh:

Im well peed off :(

They're lieing to you. Mine went up because of the car crime in my area. Anyone else in walkley notice any change in car crime??

Anyway after shopping around and doing some homework i got it at the same price!

I stand corrected - and I am surprised.

However, £500,000 invested at a mere 1% would yield £5000.

How much was your premium?

Pay me £4000 and I'm sure I can get you insurance.

I don't drive.

I'm sure insuring a range rover or something similar on a new license wouldn't be too expensive... (I did a quote a few days ago and it came out at £39,000 minimum for insurance for a new range rover).

In that situation, it's a bargain!

My car insurance has doubled this year they say its due to the bad weather we had last winter and has gone up 40%.

I have tried all the internet websites spent hours on the phone with no luck.

I am now offroad and my car is up for sale as i am not paying double:roll:(well i dont want too!!!

Has anyone else suffered this:huh:

Im well peed off :(

Car insurance increases every year - why ?

Thank the base ball cap / boy racers for that, you see them with the souped up cars sporting the big bore exhaust system driving around as though they were on brands hatch, we have them to thank as well for the speed bumps which cause damage to our suspension

systems.

They're lieing to you. Mine went up because of the car crime in my area. Anyone else in walkley notice any change in car crime??

Anyway after shopping around and doing some homework i got it at the same price!

I live in Walkley, my renewal costs looked suspiciously high at over 400 quid from a well known local company just for a Ford Ka.

I managed to get it down to 190 quid shopping around and upping the excess (got that quote from the RAC)

I put my other car (an 18 year old hot hatch) on classic insurance limited to 1500 miles a year as its not a daily driver. Got that for 120 quid.

Which report I read today blames uninsured drivers for 30 quid of what you pay.

1.5 million cars have no insurance One in 25 drivers drive without car cover

28 September 2010

Four percent of motorists drive without car insurance. Research from the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) shows that around 1.5 million cars are driven on UK roads without any car cover.

MIB has revealed that the proportion of uninsured drivers has dropped from 5% to 4%.

This still means in excess of 1 million motorists are on UK roads without any cover, which adds an estimated £30 to the average legitimate driver's annual car insurance premium to cover the cost of crashes involving illegal motorists.

The drop in uninsured drivers had been put down to increased police vigilance, with greater reliance on the Motor Insurance Database, which identifies vehicles that are being driven without valid cover.

I'm insured with an organisation which is owned by the members [limited membership] and it's worthwhile. I pay annual insurance premiums (not overly large) and - provided the claims by members are covered by the premiums and the return on assets - I receive a 'payback' dividend each year.

Might I ask you for guidance on how you set one of these up?

Do you hold a large deposit, or is your organisation underwritten (or both).

However, £500,000 invested at a mere 1% would yield £5000.

Does the RTA require that it is deposited in a non interest bearing account?

I think you are paying for the idiocy of others in cars of the same type. This always happens with insurance....the risk is assessed with type / history.

Here's one i remember where a Honda Civic Type R and a Ford Focus ST seemed to be racing each other & a woman in a Nissan Micra was killed.....

http://nwsheffield.org/2010/03/07/appeal-for-death-crash-witnesses/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8554101.stm

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=551950&highlight=crash+halifax+road

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8558017.stm

That's why your insurance has gone up!

Change your car or stump up i'm afraid!

Might I ask you for guidance on how you set one of these up?

Do you hold a large deposit, or is your organisation underwritten (or both).

Does the RTA require that it is deposited in a non interest bearing account?

£500k doesn't seem very much when you consider the costs you could be responsible for....take the train crash at Great Heck for example

How would 500k pay for all that?

Archived