My car insurance has doubled - why?

kimba

What so what you are suggesting is that i go down to a 1.2 clio save £140 in insurance when i can pay the extra drive a 2litre and mostly stick to the car i have had for a year which i know is safe and in good sound condition?

Where has your £300-400 figure come from ?

In post 10 you said your premium was 1200,then in post 51 you said you could insure a clio diesel for 800...1200-800=400 ?

My wife had her A4 tdi written off after it was submerged in filthy water during the Sheffield floods.

Her replacement A3 tdi cost more to replace, and was a lot newer, also a 130 bhp engine in an A3 makes for a powerful car. However her premiun kept increasing, she hadn't had any claims or convictions, so I can only assume that they expect the floods on a regular basis. Our 31 year old son is a named driver, he has 14 years driving experience, no accidents. no claims, no convictions, I assume that with the wife being a named driver on my policy that they think that our son is the main driver of his mother's car, which is not the case, but as he is clean as a whistle it shouldn't make much difference if he was.

I managed to get her slightly superior cover, but with top drawer recovery cover from Churchill for circa £150 less than her renewal amount. If I can do similar with my renewal that would equate to 2 return holiday flights.

In post 10 you said your premium was 1200,then in post 51 you said you could insure a clio diesel for 800...1200-800=400 ?

Yes and in post 59 i said the tiger 1 was £980 now 980-840=140?

Maybe you should try to read the thread befor posting although you probably did youve trawled through it trying to well which you have come up with that crap above.

Yes and in post 59 i said the tiger 1 was £980 now 980-840=140?

Maybe you should try to read the thread befor posting although you probably did youve trawled through it trying to well which you have come up with that crap above.

Your post 59 was after my posts..do you think I can time travel or something to see what you're going to post in the future..?

I don't think £1200 with one years no claims on a car with an insurance grouping of 17 is that bad!!!!!! When 1 is the lowest and 20 is the highest. How much were you thinking it would cost with group 17 insurance & one years no claims?

I'd like to know how they did it for £600 last year with no no claims bonus! GROUP 17 :huh::huh::huh::huh:

What was there about £2000 excess or something?

Archived