Longley Park History / Memories

mslotus

• 1 month later...

I used to go to Longley pool in the fifty's when it was always clean and packed with teenages. Great fun, and afterwards sit with crowd of other teenagers at the very top off the hill overlooking the pool near to what was called lovers lane. I wonder if any other Forum readers remember the early days there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to go to the pool in the 60's, living in Crowland RD, it was our local spot, allways packed in summer if we got a warm spell. We spent many happy hours also flying model aircraft in the park. It's so sad to see Longley park now so run down, and just used as a giant "doggy toilet".

We swam there a couple of times in the summer, late 70's-early 80's. It was always freezing cold water and full of stupid lads showing off. My sis got thrown in at the deep end, then was ducked under for so long I was scared she'd drown. No-one knew whether she could swim or not, good job she could. The safety measures didn't seem to exist then. We were a bit scared after that and stopped going.

Does any one know any spooky history of Longley park as iv heard a woman got killed there years ago and my dog seems to go beserk when we pass a certain tree even my bf says he feels some one is watching him as its our nightly walk.

Really i forgot to mention that as we past it my bf could smell like a horrible musky smell i couldnt but iv got cold if this is the tree its as you walk past the stream and stay on the path its just abit further up just stood on its own have u got any web sites on this

Archived